Metroid Dread - The Loop
Do you like this video?
- Exchanges Bayld for books (in the form of permanent key items) that increase the rank of specific Mog Garden H.E.L.M., gardening, and fishing net activities.
- Only present when the Pioneers' Coalition has an Edification Rank 4 or higher.
- Key items are not available until the player has utilized the corresponding Mog Garden hotspot a set number of times. Unlike the others, Garden Furrow operates based on number of harvests (source).
- There also appear to be other factors that affect the rate at which you gain credit towards the next key item. Due to a general lack of interest in these mechanics and the very long timescale needed to test them, these will likely remain unknown indefinitely.
- The following are the estimated number of days/harvests since obtaining the previous rank's key item. "Days" assume you do all possible activities each day without an assistant. Due to a lack of comprehensive testing of all possible factors, these are all rough estimates:
- Rank 2 - 3 days (grove/vein/pond/net), 3 furrow harvests
- Rank 3 - 3 days (grove/vein), 4 days (pond/net), 9 furrow harvests
- Rank 4 - 8 days (grove/vein), 9 days (pond/net), 30-37 furrow harvests
- Rank 5 - 14 days (grove/vein), 13 days (pond/net), 67-74 furrow harvests
- Rank 6 - 10 days (grove/vein), 21 days (pond/net), ?? furrow harvests
- Rank 7 - 26 days (grove), 27-28 days (vein), 22 days (net), 25 days (pond), 255 furrow harvests
- You must purchase the lower-ranking key items before you can purchase the next rank. Activities also only count towards the next rank (i.e. if you use level 1 grove for 6 days, it won't count the 3 days past rank 2 to then buy rank 3 immediately).
- The exception is Monster Rearing key items, which you can let build up and do all the quests in the same day.
- There's no key item to increase Flotsam's rank.
- The current maximum rank for any Mog Garden feature is rank 7.
- The total amount of Bayld to purchase all the items from Zenicca is 216,000.