- Deals heavy, short range damage to targets in front of Odin and resets enmity on those hit.
- Family: Odin
- Type: Special
- Can be dispelled: N/A
- Utsusemi/Blink absorb: Ignores shadows
- Range: Undetermined range in front of Odin.
- This ability deals damage equal to 95% of the targets maximum HP.
- To be clear, this move does NOT reduce the targets HP by 95%, but deals damage EQUAL TO 95% of their Max HP, meaning it can kill you if your HP is not at 96% or higher when you are hit by this.
- Used immediately when Odin drops below 90%, 70%, 50%, and 30% HP.
- Odin speaks in the chat log before using Zantetsuken Kai:
- "My blade shall cleave through thy hollow shell of valor!""
All of Odin's abilities have names rooted in Norse Mythology and usually refer to one of the many names of Odin; this one however is the obvious exception. Zantetsuken (斬鉄剣) is a Japanese word combined from 3 characters, together meaning "steel-cutting sword". A more literal interpretation would yield "steel-killing sword", implying the blade is so strong that even steel would be defeated by it. It is Odin's signature instant kill move from other Final Fantasy games.