HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Spawned by trading an Opalus Gem to a ??? at (H-6) in Alzadaal Undersea Ruins map 8.
- Spams a single-target ability called Dire Straight which ignores shadows. Did 400-1100 dmg before any ligaments were lost to a 75BLU/37NIN with 333 DEF. This move's damage appears to be totally random.
- The ability Dire Straight appears to be the only attack Wulgaru will use until 75%, at which he uses an ability called Detonating Grip. Causes AoE damage for approximately 400 and results in him losing his biggest arm. Recommended to DoT kite Wulgaru until approximately 75% if you try to low-man the fight. Can use Detonating Grip twice, in rapid succession.
- In the state where he is missing an arm Wulgaru will only spam the ability Sinker Drill along with regular swings. Has a high attack speed in this mode, hard to tank with shadows.
- At lower than 60% Wulgaru may be reduced to only legs (this might not always happen), and he will start running in panic around in the room he was spawned. If you pulled him out of that room he will run back there upon losing his upper body. Seems to happen somewhat rarely.
- Seems to have directional defense. Hitting the side with the small arm will do normal damage, hitting the side with the large arm will do hardly any damage. Damage dealt from behind is greater.
- Elemental magic is always resisted to about 1/3 of normal damage.
- Builds resistance to Stun after about 10-15 stuns.
- Suggested to kite around the pillars and deal damage from either BLM nuking with Water based spells, or SMN using Spinning Dive. At 75% even Predator Claws did 1200 damage upwards.
- Resists most enfeebling magic from Red Mage (Slow, Gravity, Blind, etc). Poison landed easily.
- Paralyze can be applied if cast from the side with the little arm. (Needs more testing. Our RDM landed it twice on the small arm side, big arm side resisted everytime.)
- Can be bound with some difficulty.
- Has slower running speed than players.
- Rages after about 1:30 hour. Poison becomes very hard to land and duration greatly decreased. After about 4-5 poison applications it will be resisted every time. Sinker Drill did 950+ damage through full stoneskin while Wulgaru was raged.
- (see testimonials)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.