The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Go to South Windurst Waters and speak to Kerutoto (J-8) in the Rhinostery's North wing. She will explain that Diabolos is interfering with her meditation and says that he's waiting for you at The Shrouded Maw. She will give you the Key Item Vial of Dream Incense, which will allow you entry into the battlefield for this quest.
- Enter the tower at (H-8) in Beaucedine Glacier.
You will need sneak and invis through some of the areas and not through others.In this Pso'Xja tower, there are shimmering walls of different color. Every time you enter one you zone and all your buffs wear off. The order of walls you want is red, black, red, black. After the last black zone, sneak up and ride the elevator down.
- Enter The Shrouded Maw (via Pso'Xja
through the Level 40-capped tower,similar to Chains of Promathia Chapter 3-5). Select the battlefield entrance. The battle "Waking Dreams" will now be available. Select it when you are ready.
- Try to fight Diabolos on Lightsday and do not fight him on Darksday.
- Once you defeat him, you will acquire the Whisper of Dreams (key item).
- Return the Whisper of Dreams to Kerutoto for your reward.
Notes on the Battle
- You will enter the battlefield facing Diabolos. Unlike the "Darkness Named" fight, this battle is uncapped.
- The maximum number of party members allowed to enter the battle is 6. There is a 30 minute time limit.
- Everyone who is involved in the fight must have a Vial of Dream Incense.
- You can buff up before entering the Memento Circle. TP and buffs are not lost upon entering.
- Similar to the Darkness Named fight, there are tiles on the battlefield that will drop away in the same order as the original fight. Falling down to the level below will result in certain death due the numerous Diremite monsters that reside there.
- The patterns for the tiles can be found on the Darkness Named discussion page.
- Diabolos will Draw In all players in the battlefield the first time a player takes an action on him.
- Due to changes made to the battle, it is now impossible for players to disband from the party to avoid the effects of Draw In. Because of this, strategies that involve mages healing and dealing damage from the upper level (out of the range of Nightmare) are no longer viable.
- A similar strategy allowing a Puppetmaster to solo Diabolos using an Automaton to nuke from the platform is also no longer possible.
- Diabolos will use Nightmare very regularly throughout the fight, but is also capable of using Ruinous Omen, Dispelga, Sleepga II, and Cacodemonia, a unique move used only in this fight, which inflicts Curse.
- Barsleepra can reduce duration of Nightmare.
- Adding multiple status effects to the party will reduce the impact of Dispelga (songs and bar- spells work well).
- It is recommended that stunners and healers use Poison Potions to avoid prolonged sleep from Sleepga II (note that this will not help with Nightmare).
- "Chainstun" strategies (using a Red Mage with a Dark Knight support job to constantly Stun with Chainspell) have been known to work for this fight. However, because monsters will gain magic resistance if continuously hit by the same elemental type of spell, Diabolos may resist Stuns after the 4th or 5th volley.
- Stunning only when Diabolos starts using Nightmare may give better results with parties that are slow to kill (Dark Knights and Black Mages may be better choices in such cases).
- Dancers can be used to stun with Violent Flourish, though it has a low chance to succeed without Etoile Casaque.
- Blue Mage's Head Butt is extremely unreliable in this fight for stun, even as BLU main.
- On the other hand, Blue Mage can be a good DD and support for this fight, concentrating on damage with Disseverment (the Poison effect works quite well) and other damage spells, and curing/waking with Magic Fruit and Healing Breeze. Diffusion + Exuviation could also prove quite handy for getting rid of the Sleep and Bio effects from Nightmare, though any BLU trying this should be prepared to tank Diabolos for the remainder of the fight.
- Samurai are very good damage dealers for this fight, being able to deliver four or five weapon skills in quick succession with use of Meikyo Shisui and Meditate. A well-equipped Samurai can deal around 500 to 900 damage to Diabolos with each Tachi: Yukikaze, Tachi: Gekko, or Tachi: Kasha.
- Black Mages are desirable as well, as they can stand on the ledge at the beginning of the fight and cast a strong Elemental Sealed -aga III or Ancient Magic II spell, with no risk of being interrupted by Nightmare. However, it is tricky to have multiple Black Mages start the battle this way, as Draw In will interrupt any spells being cast when the first spell hits.
- Dancer has also been known to be an effective support job in this fight - when Nightmare goes off, the first to wake up uses Divine Waltz to wake the rest of the party, thus allowing the party to survive without having to worry about stunning Nightmare (and thus allowing more job combinations).
- Note that mages will have to stand next to the damage dealers in order to be within range of Divine Waltz.
- Specific strategies for this fight can be found on the discussion page.
- This quest can be repeated only once per Earth day. Each time you complete the quest, you can choose one reward from the list.
- Kerutoto (Rhinostery, Windurst Waters)
- Diabolos has informed Kerutoto that he is waiting for you at the Shrouded Maw in Pso'Xja, buried deep in the northern lands. You must respond to his summons so that Kerutoto can meditate free of trouble.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.