HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Spawned by trading a Hellcage Butterfly to the ??? at D-10 in Wajaom Woodlands.
- Has an extremely powerful Wind Shear. Also adds a heavy Gravity effect
- Even with Shell V and Baraero (108 resist) took over 2,000 dmg from Wind Shear. (Wind Shear is not magic based; it is physical damage, hence why it can be parried/guarded/shield blocked.)
- Highly recommend Damage Dealers use Ninja sub to absorb AoE.
- Recommended to have some sort of stun. NOTE: Head Butt stunned ~50% of the time upon landing. Also resisted Stun from a NIN/DRK a few times.
- Absorbs Elemental Magic according to the Day of the Week.
- Weapon skills seem to get stronger as its HP decreases. (Was doing ~700 at high HP and ~2000 at about 20% HP.)
- Has about 25,000 HP.
- Melee hits for 200-300, 500 criticals.
- More than one tank is recommended.
- Immune to Sleep (Tested also with Elemental Seal).
- Resists Gravity. Gradually builds resistance to Bind.
- Susceptible to Paralyze, Slow, and Blind.
- Can use Ill Wind. Uses White Wind to cure itself, more often as its HP decreases.
- Drops 3,000 gil.
Have defeated him multiple times with only 2 melee. Recommended party setup is nin/war thf/nin whm rdm brd + a DD that will not cause the NM to gain tp. Have used smn (helpful to have smn use Earthen ward) with nether blast, blm for stun early on and later when tanks have hate some tier 3-4 nukes, and if you have a rng, recommend that he come /sam and stand away from the mages, and only use meditate for tp gain for sidewinder use.
In Chilean mythology, the Vulpangue is a fox-headed serpent that resides in water and preys on humans that come to the shoreline.