- Vorseals provide different buffs and on different levels. Characters receive all vorseals they purchased combined together.
- You need only purchase (with silt) each level once, but the effect of each vorseal will expire. The base duration of your Vorseal is 60 minutes. A piety Blessing in effect will double this duration.
- There is an NPC responsible for selling (or arranging return) in each of the three areas.
- Zoning automatically reapplies all vorseal buffs.
- There are multiple methods to unlocking vorseals, including defeating various NM in the three Escha areas, completing expansions through the final mission, obtaining specific titles, etc.
- Vorseal buffs apply to pets and Trusts.
Most Vorseal effects are self explanatory.
- Spoils + Increases the chances of additional drops as personal loot afer defeating a notorious monster.
- Rare Enemy + Increases the chances of a Notorious Monster spawning after defeating a regular monster. The values represent the average chance. This vorseal further adds a chance of spawning a HELM-tier HNM after defeating a Notorious Monster. A Mollifier nullifies the effects of this Vorseal.
Several Vorseal effects are doubled by the effects of Blessings.
- Fortitude: Doubles effects of HP+/MP+, Attack+/Ranged Attack+, Magic Attack Bonus+, DEX+/AGI+, STR+/VIT+, INT+/MND+/CHR+ Vorseals
- Compassion: Doubles effects of Refresh+, Regen+, and Accuracy++ Vorseals.
Vorseals may be upgraded by paying for more levels in silt at the aforementioned NPCs. In addition to unlocking the intitial tier of any Vorseal, further upgrade tiers may be unlocked (see below).
The current maximum and effects of each purchased (and not returned) vorseal by tier are:
|Vorseal|| Silt Cost|
|Tier Level and Base Value|
|Occ. Nullifies Damage||10,000||1%||2%||3%||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Luck+ (Portal Cost)||1,000||-5%||-10%||-15%||-20%||-25%||-30%||-35%||-40%||-45%||-50%||-55%|
|Luck+ (Beads dropped)||1,000||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11|
Unlocking Vorseals and Upgrades
Vorseals are most frequently unlocked by defeating Notorious Monsters in Escha areas (Escha - Zi'Tah, Escha - Ru'Aun and Reisenjima). Some Vorseals may be unlocked by completing Missions or obtaining certain titles.
Players may check monsters defeated via the Register of Deeds in each Escha area.
- EZ - Geas Fete encounter in Escha - Zi'Tah
- ER - Geas Fete encounter in Escha - Ru'Aun
- RE - Geas Fete encounter in Reisenjima
Next to Geas Fete encounters is a number indicating the tier. The absence of a number means there is no tier to the monster, indicating either a HELM NM or a monster requiring unique spawn requirements (e.g. Warder of Courage)