|Gustav Tunnel||80 - 82||
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Lottery Spawn from a Typhoon Wyvern at (E-9) or (G-6) on the second map. Typhoon Wyverns spawn at both locations, the placeholder can spawn in both locations and can shift to either side every 16 minutes they re-spawn. The placeholder always spawns in the back area of (E-9), or at the front of (G-6).
- There's another Typhoon Wyvern which alternates as well, which spawns in the front left side of (E-9) and back side of (G-6) and is not the placeholder.
- Ungur will only spawn at (E-9).
- Ungur has a minimum re-spawn time of 2 hours. After that time passes, Ungur has roughly a 15% chance to spawn in place of its placeholder. It has spawn conditions similar to that of Charybdis.
- Has a high attack speed and TP moves that rip shadow images off, making it important not to feed too much TP via additional melee.
- Elegy plus Hojo make his attack speed very manageable.
- Has approximately 15-20k HP
- Can be defeated solo by certain jobs at around levels 75-90. (see testimonials)
See the Video page.
In Australian Aboriginal mythology, specifically that of the Kimberly region of Australia, Ungur was a wondjiina (primal beings of the Altjira, or The Dreamtime) known more commonly as the Rainbow Snake or Rainbow Serpent. The Rainbow Serpent was one of the most important figures in Aboriginal mythology. It resided in the permanent waterholes of the Outback and was considered to be the source of replenishment for the water. The gullies and channels across the desert were believed to be made by him as it slithered across the desert plains, allowing for water to flow from place to place. It is considered both benevolent and malevolent, protecting the people from other Aboriginal tribes as well as punishing anyone who violated the sacred laws. Its legend bears some notable similarities to the Ouroboros.
Ungur is also sometimes referred to as Galeru, which was the name of an elephant-like enemy in FFV.