The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Speak to Ripapa in Mhaura. If you have sufficient fame, she will give you a Tuning fork of lightning.
- If you have never talked to this NPC before you may have to talk to her a few times before she gives you the quest.
- Travel to Boyahda Tree and find the Cloister of Storms.
- Enter Boyahda Tree from The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah at (K-12).
- Follow the path to the first fork, take a left. Take the next right and follow that until you come to a large room with a huge tree in the middle.
- Travel northwest through the big room and through a second big room until you get to C-5 and head up the tunnel. You will go up another level and eventually come out at E-6 of another map and another huge room.
- Head south-east as much as possible until you see an immense waterfall. Walk under the big waterfall and down the passageway behind it. You will zone into the Cloister of Storms.
- Once you defeat Ramuh, you will acquire the Whisper of Storms (key item).
- Return the Whisper to Ripapa for your reward.
- Alliances are not allowed, they will be broken up into separate battlefields.
- Everyone who is involved in the fight must have a tuning fork of the correct protocrystal.
- There is no cap on this battle.
- There is a 30-minute time limit.
- You can buff up before entering the protocrystal, so feel free to do so and rest up while still outside.
- Try to fight Ramuh Prime on Earthsday and do not fight him on Lightningday or during a New Moon Phase.
- Keep up Barthundra at all times.
- Do not use Thunder-based spells, weaponskills, or weapons that have Additional effect: Lightning damage, as they will heal Ramuh Prime.
- The battlefield is shaped like a long path up the side of hill, with a switchback about halfway to the top. This allows the mages to stand above the fight (and out of easy reach of the avatar) while still being able to cast spells upon the combatants.
See Trial by Lightning/Strategies for strategy and videos.
There are a total of 6 prime avatar quests for the main summons. Here is the relevant information on each:
|Trial by||Avatar||Start NPC|
Tuning fork of
Port Bastok (I-8)
|Earth||Cloister of Tremors|
|Fire||Cloister of Flames|
|Water||Cloister of Tides|
Den of Rancor
|Lightning||Cloister of Storms|
|Wind||Cloister of Gales|
Northern San d'Oria (E-7)
|Ice||Cloister of Frost|
|San d'Oria 6|
- Ripapa (In front of the Sailors' Stay, Mhaura)
- Ring the tuning fork of lightning upon the protocrystal in the Boyahda Tree. A path will open to the trial that awaits.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.