Job Trait Overview
Treasure Hunter II
Treasure Hunter III
|Head||White Rarab Cap +1||1||All|
|Hands||Assassin's Armlets +1||1||THF|
|Hands||Assassin's Armlets +2||2||THF|
|Hands||Plunderer's Armlets +1||3||THF|
|Hands||Plunderer's Armlets +2||3||THF|
|Hands||Plunderer's Armlets +3||4||THF|
|Feet||Raider's Poulaines +2||1||THF|
|Feet||Skulker's Poulaines +1||3||THF|
Enhancing the Effect
- Players with Thief set as main job have a chance to increase the current level of Treasure Hunter on a target when landing a melee attack. This will be indicated by a visual effect and a log message.
- This effect used to cap at 13. It can cap at 14 if the Thief expends 100 Job Points, and 15 for another 1200 Job Points.
- The chance to increase your TH bonus greatly diminishes with each level of difference between the target's current Treasure Hunter effect and your current Treasure Hunter bonus. For example, if you apply TH8 on a monster, and then drop your TH bonus to 3 by switching equipment, further increments will be that much rarer.
- A successful Sneak Attack or Trick Attack has a significantly higher chance of increasing the TH level. This applies even when they are used on a weapon skill, although the visual effect and log message will not appear when an increment occurs as a result of a weapon skill.
- An attack that applies Feint has up to double the chance (when fully merited). This can be combined with Sneak Attack and/or Trick Attack.
- The improvements from these abilities can be stacked.
- Only the first attack of a multi-hit auto-attack or weapon skill can enhance Treasure Hunter.
- Weaponskills, melee-damaging job abilities (such as Violent Flourish), and attacks with Additional Effects (such as Enfire or Drain Samba) can enhance Treasure Hunter, but will give no visual effect or log message.
- The Ranger ability Bounty Shot behaves similar to a Thief with TH2 using a Sneak Attack.
- A Monipulator with a main job as Thief also has a chance to enhance the effect. However with the exception of monipulators that have entered Belligerency, enhancing the effect will not result in any drops since treasure normally is not dropped to monipulators.
Official Information on Items Not Affected by Treasure Hunter
Does Treasure Hunter have an effect on items marked Rare?
- A: As for drop rate, it does affect items which are labeled as “rare.” However, due to the system, Treasure Hunter will not affect drops that are a lottery. An example of a lottery drop would be loot such as Pixie Earring and Defending Ring, in which only one can drop at a given time.
March 2020 Developer Comments
The March 2020 Development Q&A Provided a rare glimpse under the hood of TH mechanics. Internally, items are sorted into pre-determined 'rarity' and TH's cumulative effect is an additive bonus that increases the chances for an item of that rarity.
|TH Level||Very Common||Common||UnCommon||Rare||Very Rare||Super Rare||Ultra Rare|
This testing was done before the internal binsort of drop rarity was revealed and only reaches approximate conclusions.