Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Head through Beaucedine Glacier (S) (via Batallia Downs (S) @ E-4) and go to each of the 5 Pso'Xja towers and examine the Regal Pawprints.
- You must play a different sort of mini-game at each tower, in which you try to plant the Shadow bug on Cait Sith in various ways.
- General Notes:
- For the games where you need to advance on a Cait Sith with their back turned, wait until they turn at a 45-degree angle (still facing away from you). The cats seem to always go from this position back to facing the doorway, giving you slightly more time to move closer.
- If you fail after all 3 tries move on to the next tower, and simply mark which one you lost. You must actually ZONE; logging out does NOT wok. After zoning, you need to only redo the towers for the games you lost. Your prior wins are saved.
- Retracing yourself and warping via Campaign Arbiter counts as zoning for the purposes of this mission.
- It is possible to target the Regal Pawprints from just inside all of the tower's entrances (except the F-7 one, which can be targeted from a little deeper inside the tower) and avoid possible aggro.
- There are various other Regal Pawprints in the zone that are not involved in this mission, selecting them will give you a message about there being nothing out of the ordinary. Only the five Regal Pawprints specified below need to be checked. They can be checked in any order.
- Cait Sith Coig is at the J-8 tower. You must shoot her when she remains visible for a long enough time.
- Coig only stays still for a maximum of 2 seconds. Movements appear to be random. The best time to shoot is when she's moving Left to Right while walking. When she moves Right to Left, or if she is facing you, she will see you shoot and will run away.
- After failing this quite a few times I decided to start looking for a pattern. And sure enough after seeing that thing walk back and forth for a long time, I found it! Ok here's how it works. The first time Coig stops, she stops for a short time, then second time Coig stops and waits some more. On the third stop Coig waits the longest before moving on. After the third time the cycle is reset, starting all over again. So basically, short - mid - long - short - mid - long - short - mid - long etc... So the third time Coig stops is the time you make your shot, but remember to do it when Coig stops after going from left to center. That is if Coig moves from right to center on the third stop, don't shoot. I don't believe running/walking is of importance here (was running before i shot Coig). Just make the shot after Coig has gone left to center on the third stop. Would be sweet if others could verify this . Thanks --Rictipsy 21:34, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
Wait for Coig to "move left to right, then right to left, then left to center" Click and pow! you should have it. tried this out with fellow friends and it worked for them. -- Fairy,Lalowalo 03:21, 15 August 2009 (UTC) Take care at this location, as Ruszors may aggro after exiting the game/cutscene.
- Also, the true sight Amphiptere that occasionally flies overhead can and will aggro you.
- Cait Sith Seachd is at the I-7 tower. You must tell Lilisette when Cait Sith Seachd turns back so she can sneakily walk undetected.
- The Cait Sith will only catch you if you are actually moving forward when it turns around to face you. You can be one step away from it, and as long as you are not taking a step forward when it turns around, you will not be caught.
- It is recommended you exercise extreme patience during this game, and only move forward when the Cait Sith is facing at a 45-degree angle away from you in order to avoid failure.
- Take care at this location, as Icefang Tigers may aggro after exiting the game/cutscene.
- Note: When Lilisette puts her hands on her hips at the end of a move, she will descend two steps the next time you tell her to move.
- Cait Sith Aon is at the H-8 (outpost) tower. Like the previous tower, but this is your turn to sneak to the Cait Sith Aon.
- Cait Sith Ceithir is at the G-9 tower. Like the previous tower, however it is Portia's turn to sneak up to the Cait Sith Ceithir.
- Cait Sith Ceithir will often face forward immediately after turning around. Be patient and wait a moment to be sure he isn't going to turn, then take one step. More than one is risky, especially with Portia's potential delay.
- Note: When Portia starts looking around anxiously, there will be a small delay between you telling her to go and her moving.
- Note: Fulminator and Gigas may wander around the footprints. Take caution when casting invisible.
- Cait Sith Tri is at the F-7 tower. You will turn into a chocobo hatchling and must chirp to get her attention and then chirp or turn your back to get her to move closer.
- There is no real pattern for this, though it seems to work well to Chirp when the Cait Sith is looking away from you and turn away when it is facing you.
- You can stun as soon as Cait Sith is close enough; the stun option will not appear until then. Make sure to select the stun option when it appears or you will fail the mini-quest.
- Note: Nue Tower is surrounded by Cyhiraeths, which aggro low hp and sound, the area before Nue tower contains Glacial Imps and a moderate amount of the same Cyhiraeth mobs. No combination of those things is good, be cautious as you approach the last tower.
- Be prepared to have reraise and/or reraise items for getting to the tower.
- After doing all 5 towers return to the southern most tower (H-10) and view the regal pawprints for a cutscene. Take care at the top of the (H-9)/(I-9) ramp. A Greater Amphiptere roams this area in the sky such as UFOs (Om'yovra) do.
- Optional: After completing this mission, you may play the mini-games again by replaying the cutscenes at the Goblin Footprint in Beaucedine Glacier (S) (H-11).
- Mission Orders