- Head through Beaucedine Glacier (S) (via Batallia Downs (S) @ E-4) and go to each of the 5 Pso'Xja towers and examine the Regal Pawprints.
- You must play a different sort of mini-game at each tower, in which you try to plant the Shadow bug on Cait Sith in various ways.
- General Notes:
- For the games where you need to advance on a Cait Sith with their back turned, wait until they turn at a 45-degree angle (still facing away from you). The cats seem to always go from this position back to facing the doorway, giving you slightly more time to move closer.
- You get 3 tries. If you fail a tower you must zone to redo it.
- If you fail after all 3 tries move on to the next tower, and simply mark which one you lost. After zoning you need only redo the towers for the games you lost. Your prior wins are saved.
- Retracing yourself and warping via Campaign Arbiter counts as zoning for the purposes of this mission.
- It is possible to target the Regal Pawprints from just inside all of the tower's entrances (except the F-7 one, which can be targeted from a little deeper inside the tower) and avoid possible aggro.
- There are various other Regal Pawprints in the zone that are not involved in this mission, selecting them will give you a message about there being nothing out of the ordinary. Only the five Regal Parprints specified below need to be checked. They can be checked in any order.
- You can usually click on the Regal Pawprints and get the CS from inside the towers which helps for towers that have mobs that can aggro near them.
- Cait Sith Coig is at the J-8 tower. You must shoot her when she remains visible for a long enough time.
- Coig only stays still for a maximum of 2 seconds. Movements appear to be random. The best time to shoot is when she's moving Left to Right while walking. When she moves Right to Left, or if she is facing you, she will see you shoot and will run away.
- Wait for Coig to "move left to right, then right to left, then left to center" Click and pow! you should have it. tried this out with fellow friends and it worked for them. -- Fairy,Lalowalo 03:21, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Take care at this location, as Ruszors may aggro after exiting the game/cutscene.
- Also, the true sight Amphiptere that occasionally flies overhead can and will aggro you.
- Cait Sith Seachd is at the I-7 tower. You must tell Lilisette when Cait Sith Seachd turns back so she can sneakily walk undetected.
- The Cait Sith will only catch you if you are actually moving forward when it turns around to face you. You can be 1 step away from it, and as long as you are not taking a step forward when it turns around, you will not be caught.
- It is recommended you exercise extreme patience during this game, and only move forward when the Cait Sith is facing at a 45-degree angle away from you in order to avoid failure.
- Take care at this location, as Icefang Tigers may aggro after exiting the game/cutscene.
- Note: When Lilisette puts her hands on her hips at the end of a move, she will descend two steps the next time you tell her to move.
- Cait Sith Aon is at the H-8 (outpost) tower. Like the previous tower, but this is your turn to sneak to the Cait Sith Aon.
- Cait Sith Ceithir is at the G-9 tower. Like the previous tower, however it is Portia's turn to sneak up to the Cait Sith Ceithir.
- Cait Sith Tri is at the F-7 tower. You will turn into a chocobo hatchling and must chirp to get her attention and then chirp or turn your back to get her to move closer.
- There is no real pattern for this, though it seems to work well to Chirp when the Cait Sith is looking away from you and turn away when it is facing you.
- You can stun as soon as Cait Sith is close enough; the stun option will not appear until then. Make sure to select the stun option when it appears or you will fail the mini-quest.
- Note: Nue Tower is surrounded by Cyhiraeths, which agro low hp and sound, the area before Nue tower contains Glacial Imps and a moderate amount of the same cointeach mobs. No combination of those things is good, be cautious as you approach the last tower.
- Be prepared to have reraise and/or reraise items for getting to the tower.
- After doing all 5 towers return to the southern most tower (H-10) and view the regal pawprints for a cutscene.
- Optional: After completing this mission, you may play the mini-games again by replaying the cutscenes at the Goblin Footprint in Beaucedine Glacier (S) (H-11).
- Mission Orders