- Deals damage to a single target reducing their HP to 5%. Resets enmity.
- Family: Tonberries
- Type: Physical
- Can be dispelled: N/A
- Utsusemi/Blink absorb: No
- Range: Single Target
- Notes: Very short range, easily evaded by walking away from it.
- Additional info:
Throat Stab is the name of a move used by Tonberry mobs. However, it is also used to describe similar effects. A "throat stab" is a single attack that is designed to reduce a character's hit points to a very low percent without killing them. While best known as a tonberry move, similar moves are used by Cravers and possibly other mobs as well.
As it applies to Tonberries:
- 3.4' Single target damage which attempts to inflict enough damage to reduce the target's HP to 5%. However it can kill you at once if you wear +dmg taken gear like Plastron while being hit by Throat Stab. Erases Hate for target if it hits. Amount can be affected by Stoneskin or other unknown factors. Ignores Utsusemi.
- The Tonberry's Throat Stab can easily be dodged. The tank stands at maximum distance during the fight. As the Tonberry uses Throat Stab, the tank moves backwards. The result is a TP loss for the Tonberry and Throat Stab does not connect.