- Talk to Iron Eater in Metalworks who will give you the Axe of Trials and the Weapon Training Guide.
- Use the Axe of Trials until the latent effect disappears.
- How to remove the latent effect:
- You must perform Weapon Skills and Skillchains on monsters that check as Easy Prey or higher.
- Weapon Skills performed while under Level Sync count.
- You receive 1 point for opening/soloing a weapon skill, 2 points for closing a Lv.1 Skillchain, 3 points for closing a Lv.2 Skillchain and 5 points for closing a level 3 skillchain.
- You must accumulate 300 total points.
- To check to see if the latent effect has disappeared, simply look at your elemental resistances. If you are not receiving the elemental bonus from the Axe of Trials then you have broken the latent. It is NOT necessary to un-equip/re-equip the weapon.
- You will not be able to tell if the latent is broken while under the effect of Level Sync. You will not receive the elemental bonuses while Level Sync is in effect. Therefore, you must be unsynced to check.
- Once you no longer receive the latent effect bonus, head back to Metalworks and trade the Axe of Trials back to Iron Eater who will take the weapon from you and give you a Map to the Annals of Truth and tell you to head to Sanctuary of Zi'Tah.
- Once in Sanctuary of Zi'Tah go to F-6 and click the ??? (ignore map's mark, it's just wrong) in the far northwestern corner of the square to spawn the NM named Greenman.
- Once the NM is dead, re-examine the ??? to obtain the Annals of Truth. If you zone and forget to check the ???, you will have to fight the Greenman again to get the key item.
- More than one person can gain the key item from a single fight, as long as they check the ???.
- Bring this back to Iron Eater for your reward.
- Iron Eater (In front of the President's Office, Metalworks)
- Use the axe given to you by Iron Eater to test your might. When you feel that you have reached your limits, bring the weapon back to the President's Office.