The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Head over to Windurst Walls, enter Heavens Tower and head to the right and go down the stairs, until it ends and you see the NPC Chumimi.
- Talk to Chumimi and watch a cutscene with Shantotto, Koru-Moru, and Yoran-Oran.
- You will be given an option to agree with one. It doesn't matter with whom you agree, as the message "No one paid any attention to you." will be displayed.
- When you choose to side with an NPC, you will receive a title from that NPC. e.g. choosing Shantotto will grant you the title "Doctor Shantotto Supporter".
- After completing the quest, you will be able to receive the other titles from Burute-Sorute in Windurst Walls.
- At the end of the cutscene, Shantotto will ask you to go toss a Faded Crystal into the gorge in Xarcabard, and bring back a Glowstone.
- Make sure you have at least 1 of any element Crystal before continuing.
- As with most AF quests, from this point on no longer need to be Black Mage.
- Grab any type of crystal and travel to any Crag (Holla, Mea, or Dem) or any Teleport Crystal (Altepa, Vahzl, Yhoat, Jugner, Pashh, Meriph) and trade the crystal that you have chosen to the teleport crystal to receive a Faded Crystal. Since the fight is in Xarcabard, the teleport crystal there is most convenient.
- Travel to Xarcabard and head west to (E-8) and look for two ???. You want the one that's inside the gorge. On the "left", most of the way to the actual entrance of the castle. You do not want the one that's on a cliff with the torch. See the annotated map here for clarity.
- There may be some Demon Pawns and Demon Knights at the ??? so be ready to fight, just in case.
- Note: If you are doing this with 2 or more BLM's the ??? stays in place but there is a 10 minute time limit before you can trade and repop the Chaos Elemental.
- Kill the Chaos Elemental and obtain the Glowstone.
- Return the Glowstone to Chumimi, who will tell you that Shantotto left the Casting Wand for you. Come on BLM if you intend to do the next AF quest immediately after.
- Chumimi (Star tree farm, Heavens Tower)
- The star tree saplings at the farm in the basement of Heavens Tower aren't growing very well. Doctor Shantotto and co. have ordered an investigation to try and solve the problem. Help them by bringing back a glowstone from the crevasse of Xarcabard.
Chilloa's Video Guide
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.