- Trading four stacks of crystals or repeating Bat Hunt eight times will give the necessary rank points for this mission. (Rank points need to be 90% full).
- When you have enough rank points, instead of offering you the list of missions, the gate guard will tell you to go to the garden in Chateau d'Oraguille.
- Go to (F-7) in Chateau d'Oraguille for a cutscene.
- Return to the gate guard to receive the actual mission.
- Get ready to fight and head to the battlefield at Horlais Peak, accessible via Ghelsba Outpost and Yughott Grotto.
- The battle can be won solo, on certain jobs. (see testimonials)
- A maximum of 6 characters that are currently on the mission, or have previously completed it (may have switched allegiance even), will be allowed to enter the battlefield.
- The battlefield has a level restriction at 90.
- Buffs will wear off upon entering.
- There is no Experience Points loss upon defeat.
- From the battlefield, you will find 2 Warmachines and 3 Orcs:
- Attacking even one of them will aggravate them all regardless of how it is done.
- All of them are level 68. The Warmachines have ~1800 HP, the Orcs ~4000 and the Wyvern ~1000.
- It is not necessary to defeat the Orc Dragoon's Wyvern to finish the Fight and get the cutscene, it can stay slept the whole time.
- The Orcs are susceptible to both Sleep and Lullaby, however Darokbok of Clan Reaper is more resistant due to its Resist Sleep trait. The Warmachines can be slept using ES+ Sleepga II or a well-geared RDM/BLM, BRD, or a WHM/BLM.
- After successfully defeating the warmachines and orcs, you obtain the key item Crystal dowser and should then report back to a gate guard to finish up the mission.
See the Video page.
- Mission Orders
- Reports from Ghelsba indicate that the Orcs in Yughott Grotto are up to something. Investigate, but speak of this to no one.
SPOILER WARNING: Details about a quest, mission or other Final Fantasy XI in-game storyline follow.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA
unless otherwise noted.