|Start NPC||Novalmauge - Bostaunieux Oubliette (G-8)|
|Requirements||San d'Oria Reputation 3|
Access to Chateau d'Oraguille
|Items Needed||Beastman Blood|
|Reward||Scroll of Drain|
|← Previous Quest||Next Quest →|
|None||Trouble at the Sluice|
- You must be Rank 2 or higher in San d'Oria or on Mission 2-3 or higher in Windurst or Bastok to pass through Chateau d'Oraguille and enter Bostaunieux Oubliette.
- Upon entering the Chateau d'Oraguille, go east through an open door, north down a corridor, and down curving stairs to I-8. Zone through to the Oubliette.
- Travel straight south to H-8, and turn right (West).
Ignore the doors to either side; examining them will send you to almost certain death for anything less than a party of very high level players.(Examine the cells doors to receive a cs hinting at what lies below!) You will find Novalmauge patrolling this hallway on the south side of F-8 to G-8.
- Trade Novalmauge a vial of Beastman Blood.
- Novalmauge (Bostaunieux Oubliette)
- The jailer wants you to bring him the blood of a beastman. Some people say he is a vampire.
Oubliette is a French word meaning, "To forget". Oubliettes were prison cells in which the only opening was in the ceiling. Food might have been lowered down to prisoners, but they were more than likely thrown down without food nor water (hence to be forgotten). Obviously they were escape proof, barring outside assistance. There have been Oubliettes found that were made into torture devices by making the hole lead into a diagonal shaft with water or spikes at the bottom. The prisoner then had the option to bundle his or herself up at the entrance to escape the perils below, while doing so sentencing themselves to death by hunger.