Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Note: If you've started the Aht Urhgan Mission 5: Confessions of Royalty, you must complete that Aht Urhgan mission before you can speak to Halver to obtain the Key Item: New Fei'Yin Seal.
- Go to Chateau d'Oraguille; you will get a cutscene upon entering.
- After the cutscene go to Gate Guard Endracion near the exit to West Ronfaure in Southern San d'Oria and accept the mission, then return and speak to Halver and he will award you the Key Item: New Fei'Yin Seal.
- Note - this mission cannot be completed without the New Fei'Yin Seal.
- Form a level 50+ party. You may use anyone from any nation currently on Mission 5-1, as it is the same for all 3 nations.
- The location of Fei'Yin is in the northeast corner of Beaucedine Glacier. Upon entering Fei'Yin your party will encounter another cutscene involving Zeid and Lion.
- Upon entering, head east towards (K-8). At (K-8) you will see 2 dolls. There is a cermet gate on the east wall. Click on this gate and you will zone into Qu'Bia Arena. The majority of the mobs in Fei'Yin detect by sound, but there are several mobs that also aggro to magic, so Silent Oil is recommended.
- The boss is the skeleton Archlich Taber'quoan, assisted by several minions. Once the archlich is defeated, the battle ends.
- Buffs wear upon entering the battlefield.
- You have 15 minutes to win this battlefield event.
- The Archlich spawns along with two Ancient Sorcerers (which hit for around 20 DMG to a 75 level Synced BRD using Tavnazian Taco).
- The Ancient Warriors will keep spawning no matter what, normally in sets of two (one skeleton followed shortly by the other).
- Archlich Taber'quoan is a BLM type skeleton with Sleepga II, Paralyze and Freeze, and will use the two-hour ability Manafont at some point.
- The use of Poison Potions is recommended to prevent being slept during the fight.
- He is susceptible to most enfeebles including Silence.
- The skeletons can easily be slept by a BLU's Sheep Song, WHM's Repose, or BRD's Lullaby.
- The Great Sword Weapon Skill Shockwave is very useful against the minions, but you want to kite the minions not kill them. This tactic is dangerous.
- Was able to one shot the Ancient Warriors as RDM/WHM with Banish and did about 78 points of damage each with Divine Magic at level 108.
- After defeating Archlich Taber'quoan, a cutscene will take place. At the end of the cutscene, you will receive the Key Item: Burnt Seal.
- Report back to Halver.
- Confirmed with MNK/NIN and RDM/WHM duo. (Jan. 7, 2010)
- MNK starts the battle by killing the two minions followed by engaging the Archlich. (Hundred Fist can be used to take out the two minions if you wish.)
- As the repops run up the hall switch target, one attack will suffice to kill them off. Store TP for use on the Archlich. (Autotarget is a huge help here for auto targeting the archlich once the repop dies.)
- RDM debuffs the archlich and keeps the mnk alive and free of status effects. If needed a banish will kill off the repops.
- MNK used a meat kabob rdm used mp boosting food. Other than that no items are needed for this fight. If you want to be extra safe though a couple yag drinks for the RDM would do it but altogether not needed.
- Confirmed with PLD/BLU, BLU/NIN, and WHM/BLM.
- PLD engaged Archlich while BLU and WHM took out the two flanking minions. The minions that spawn after that are considerably weaker. Ignored the weak minions as they continuously re-spawn.
- MP Drinks will definitely prove useful. WHM also used a few ethers.
- Confirmed with well geared RDM/DRG, RDM/WAR, BLU/NIN or BLU/DRG
- Use defense food and mp drinks (ethers and hi-pots too for emergencies). Merits help but not required.
- Begin the fight by killing the first minions and then focus on the lich, kill new minions as they spawn.
- Confirmed with PLD/BLU, BLU/NIN and RDM/WHM.
- Was not an easy fight. PLD went in first and took left mob, while BLU took right. PLD also used Flash on Archlich RDM used Refresh and healed, while PLD and BLU each took one of the additional skeletons. Once both were dead BLU and PLD moved onto Archlich. Whenever RDM got aggro he would bring mobs to center and PLD would Battle Dance. Fight took 9 mins and all were in red upon completion.
- Successful strategy: 50THF 50DRK 50RDM 50BLM 46WHM 45PLD. DRK ran in first to get aggro from the addons. THF & PLD ran in to attack Archlich. BLM helped DRK kill the addons. RDM kept Archlich dispelled and silenced. Do not attempt to sleepga addons. By the end of the fight, all members still had a decent amount of HP & MP. Good Luck!
- Confirmed with MNK/NIN, WHM/BLM, and BLM/WHM.
- MNK fought Archlich and used Spinning Attack everytime he had TP. BLM used tier I -aga's on Archlich to wipe minions that the MNK didn't get. The WHM was gearless and Elvaan. The BLM took turns healing while WHM rested. No 2 hours were used for win.
- Confirmed with PLD/WAR, DRG/BLU, WHM/BLM, BLM/RDM.
- DRG tanks Archlich while PLD kills all lesser skeletons. BLM nukes while WHM keeps the DRG alive. After skeletons have been dispatched in the main room (Circle Blade will one-shot them), PLD stands in the hallway and kills additional spawns. Very easy win.
- Confirmed with PLD/BLU, MNK/NIN, and RDM/WHM.
- All 3 wore Level Sync gear. PLD and MNK both eat Tavnazian Tacos. PLD engages first, and MNK 2HRs the initial adds. Both adds start with Ice Spikes, so a Dispel or constant Paralyna is required. After the initial adds are dead, concentrate on the Archlich. MNK uses Spinning Attack when the Warrior adds run to the circle. Barring anything unexpected, the Archlich should go down without much of a fight.
- Confirmed with PLD/WAR, BLU/NIN, and BLM/WHM (7/8/09)
- PLD ran in first to attract aggro, voked the Archlich and proceeded to attack one of the skeleton mages. BLU ran in right after and dispelga'd and sheep song'd the both of them. All three of us worked to take out the mages, one by one. BLU Bludgeoned, BLM nuked and banished all skeletons. Once initial adds were dead, PLD and BLU worked to meele the Archlich while BLM kept PLD paralyna'd, and Archlich silenced and banished. Circle blade and -aga nukes took care of the respawning adds. All 3 used 2HRs in order to put out enough damage to kill it. MP management was the biggest issue, would have been easy if we brought some Ethers or Yag Drinks.
- Confirmed with BLU50/25NIN, SAM50/25DNC, and 41WHM/20BLM.
- All 3 wore our regular gear, before level sync, (65BLU, 58SAM, 41WHM.)Sushi for the BLU and Meat Mithkabob for the SAM
- Buffed up Shellra II Protectra II Reraise Refueling Utsusemi while the SAM Meditated. Sam Engaged first running up and attacking the Arch Lich, BLU ran up and Sheep Songed, which was partially resisted. Head Butted when AoE Sleepga or other AoE spells were used by Arch Lich, the minnions were mostly ingnored as the second Sheep Song and the rest went unresisted for the rest of the battle. No 2-Hours or Yag Drinks were used as it was a dry run. BLU and WHM ran out of MP at about 5% of Arch Liches HP, didnt prove to be a problem with only 2 Curing Waltz needed before Arch Lich died. Moderately Easy fight, trioable by most when including a BLU.
- Confirmed with BLU/NIN PLD/WAR RDM/WHM (10/26/09)
- Wore our regular Gears, AF for the PLD and BLU and moderate gear for the RDM[52 -before entry]. No food was consumed ::upon entry, BLU was refreshed and took both BLM adds at the start, Blunt spell damage spells like Bludgeon, Smite of ::Rage, Battle Dance, and Headbutt are recommended, RDM keeps BLU and Paladin up with refresh and occasional cures. BLU ::finished off BLMs then jumped to the boss while AoEing the small warrior adds down with Grandslam, Circleblade, Battle ::Dance, Smite of Rage etc. Fight went off without a hitch, paralysis made things slightly difficult for PLD to hold hate ::once BLU joined the main boss, but no other issues beyond that.
- Mission Orders
- This mission involves travelling to Fei'Yin, located on the Beaucedine Glacier. Visit Chateau d'Oraguille to learn more.