- Setup -Pld/Rdm Drk/Nin Pup/War Drg/Sam Blu/Nin Rdm/Whm.
- Do not let all these testimonials intimidate you. This fight is rediculous easy. Pld went in with buffs and got initial hate. The idea was to 2hr and take down the first 2 as fast as possible. They went down so fast, 2hr was not even remotely needed. Our order was Yag > Q > Orc > Gob. There was no kiting involved, Pld just held hate on everything. Again, not as bad as all these people make it out to be. HadesDrayco 18:39, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- Tried this fight with a full group of 75s (PLD, BLM, SMN, THF, THF, PUP). We lost pretty badly, didnt even kill one of the mobs, although goblin was down to 10% hp. I strongly suggest you do NOT target the goblin first, as his teleport move makes everyone attacking him lose their targets and put away their weapons. The BLM was unable to sleepga II them, even with Elemental Seal (it is very possible that they are immune).
- Tried again with a new plan, same group. THF tried to kite Orc and Goblin, while group killed Yag (whm) then Quad(rdm)... leaving the goblin for last. This worked very well for us and we completed the battle. Had a few deaths along the way, but was able to toss aggro and finish the fight. suggest this kill order: Yag --> Quad --> Orc --> Goblin. Try to keep the goblin out of the picture as long as you can, because he will teleport and kill your mages. - Angluss
- Completed the fight with: WHM, SMN, SMN, PLD, SAM, DNC. Kill order: War > Thf > Whm> Rdm
- Started fight with ES Repose on the RDM (resisted). DNC pulled RDM to the side and solo/held for most of the fight. Both the summoners kited the WHM and the THF. Shared hate was a problem. The goblin would randomly teleport across the entire BC and SA-Goblin rush a random target every 30s to 1min. PLD and SAM burned down the war, moved onto the thf, while keeping the whm(yagudo) away from its party members as it would spam cure V. Finished off the WHM and then the RDM the dancer was still holding. Clear time 12mins 45s. Aayenn 10:33, 9 April 2009 (UTC) Neyaa, Ifrit.
- Completed the fight with: RDM/BLM, DRG/WHM, DRG/WHM, SAM/WAR, BLM/WHM, PLD/WAR
- Did not start the fight with any sleep, wasn't necessary. Both Dragoons and Sam took out the goblin thief first while the RDM kited the rest of the mobs. Next took down the yagudo WHM which went down pretty fast, 20-30 seconds it took to kill. The last two mobs the two dragoons took out the orcish WAR while the rest of the party handled the redmage. People were silenced for part of the fight so Echo Drops are highly recommended though silence did not stick long. Curse and disease are both nasty effects but as long as someone is /whm or whm main job, the other enfeebles shouldn't be a problem to remove. Very easy fight, all in all it probably took 3 mins total to kill all the NMs. Don't under estimate this fight though, The goblin was able to kill our blackmage easily though the rest of the party stayed afloat with no issues. Plan on at least one weaker defense member going down because of the goblin's sneak attack/teleportation moves.
- Completed the fight with: 75 WAR/NIN, 75 SAM/WAR, 75 WHM/BLM, 75 SMN/SCH (me), 75 RDM/32BLM, 52 DRG/WAR
- Kill Order: WHM Yagudo, WAR Orc, RDM Quadav, THF Goblin
- WAR with eva gear tanked this. The WAR and the SAM both 2-houred the first mob. I concentrated on BP: Rage on the current mob with garuda, and RDM enfeebled all the mobs. Pretty much everyone sticking to job roles, straight forward. WHM did have to 2-hour near the middle of the fight, but wasn't terribly hard fight. I would recommend that the mages bring Echo Drops and everyone bring 2-3 Holy waters (we had none). Don't bother with expensive food because the gobs will over-ride it with their saucepan move. --Jeminijem 06:21, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
- Just squeaked this one out with PLD/DNC SAM/WAR WHM/SCH.
- Wasn't all that hard, planned 1 wipe. Killed the Yagudo fast but couldnt get the Quadav down before wipe so had 3 mobs up for second round. PLD/DNC actually worked out well curing with TP and MP. SAM used 2 hour for the Yagudo while PLD and WHM used theirs for the remaining 3. In hind sight should use 2 hours to ensure 2 mobs go down before the wipe. Main focus was on healing, wasn't able to get many status' removed but /SCH with Light Art and Solace active was a huge help. One thing I noticed about the gob, it usually came after me the WHM when it would SA/WS. If I started running as soon as it vanished for the attack, I could get out of its WS range causing the "Lioneve is out of range." message. This may be a viable strategy for anyone doing this bcnm.
- Finished with with PLD/WAR, SAM/WAR, THF/NIN, DRK/SAM, RDM/WHM, SCH/RCM
- Took some time at the start for full buffs: SCH AoE Stoneskin, Blink, Haste, Phalanx, etc. RDM put Phalanx II on the PLD, SAM meditated to 200TP, and when mages had their MP back we started. PLD went in first to grab hate, SAM started a skillchain on the Yag. PLD used Invincible to keep hate. SAM 2-houred and finished the Yag with TP left over. Attention turned to the Quadav, which fell pretty quick to remaining Samurai 2-hour and DRK weapon skill combined with an overall party zerg. After that it was just a normal fight with the Orc. The RDM kept the Orc and Gob Gravitied for convinience. The SAM ended up tanking about half the fight, despite the PLD's best efforts, but stayed alive thanks to 3rd Eye, awesome buffs, and healing from the SCH. The only death we had was the Tarutaru DRK who got one-shotted by the Goblin's Sneak Attack + Goblin Rush attack, but we were doing so well that we were able to raise him before the end of the fight. PLD used Chivalry during the fight with the Orc, just to be safe. Once the Orc was down, we simply moved to the goblin and repeated the same basic strategy. We tried to run away when the Gob teleported, but were unable to get out of its range. --Anobi 04:40, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- Fought successfully as BST/WHM SMN/WHM MNK/... NIN/... RDM/WHM WHM/BLM.
- BST (maxed Beast Affinity and Monster Gloves) Familiared Courier Carrie and kited goblin, whilst SMN kited orc(?). MNK and NIN fought yagudo and quadav successively, supported by the healers. The initial Carrie lasted about 6 minutes, with two Zeta biscuits, by which point the orc was almost down. Unlike some warping NMs (e.g. Angra Mainyu), and consistent with DDs losing target, Carrie did not follow the goblin as it warped and had to be ordered to Fight as it re-appeared. Carrie had little difficulty re-establishing hate once the goblin's post-warp target had been hit; on several occasions the goblin appeared to return to Carrie of its own accord. No players were KOed, although the SMN did take one severe SA hit from the goblin. -- Ceridwenseraph 11:54, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- Fought successfully as WHM/SCH, RDM/WHM, BLM/RDM, PLD/WAR, WAR/NIN, SAM/WAR
- No need to two-hour. Red Mage got aggro from all the mobs except the Yagudo (our first target). RDM had difficulty keeping all three on himself, but they don't hit too hard anyway. WHM needs to be alert. If use a similar setup with a BLM, don't make the mistake of having the BLM enfeeble and keep away mob. Have the BLM nuke like there's no tomorrow. Once the Yagudo dies, it's pretty much over, as they won't have much healing left (take Quadav second). Make sure all mages have Stoneskin at all time, as the goblin will go for them from time to time. --Rogatien 12:49, 17 May 2009 (UTC)Rogatien, Midgarsormr
Players that don't have mission can still assist.
You do not have to have mission, completed mission, or even have expansion registration to be in the battle. Only the person that meets the requirements will allow the rest in party to join in battle. However, those that do not meet requirements will not receive any reward, only the joy of helping a friend out. -- WashuOtaku 00:10, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
Even if you do have the expansion and have already beaten the fight, you won't get XP for beating it again when you help out others. -- Caesium 14:00, 27 April 2009
It seems to me that the four monsters do NOT share hate. While one was being attacked, the others would go off individually against the mages trying to sleep/bind them. --Eekiki 14:44, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
Hate is very odd. We planned to have the RDM diaga pull and kite the mobs up and down the hall while the rest of us pulled one mob at a time into a side room, but when I went out to pull the Quad started casting Bio on me before I did anything, and then the Orc came along too. Maybe it would have worked better if I had been standing farther away to pull. Still won, but it was interesting there for a while... --Valyana 21:26, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
They most certainly do share hate. PLD flashed Orc and had all 4, after which I Chi Blasted the Yagudo for ~600 damage; the orc and goblin immediately turned their attention to me. Needless to say I didn't survive. Norellicustaru 03:25, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
My party went in with two PLDs, one to kite and one to tank the one everyone was trying to kill. Wasn't happening. PLD/nin did Flash on Orc, PLD/war did Provoke on Yagudo, they all attacked the PLD/war. PLD/nin had to switch back from Earth Staff to Shield in order to Shield Bash and Sentinel and it still didn't do anything. In the end we just had one super tank it.--Koaladevourer 02:57, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
We went in and tried to zerg the WHM Yagudo first and have an RDM and SMN to kite the other 3. All I did first were Stun on the Yag and Orc turned to me, even the SMN already did 1K+ dmg on the Orc. Therefore, the shared hate definitely happened between the Orc and Yag.
I moved the video to a new page (Those_Who_Lurk_in_Shadows_(III)/Video) and linked the main article to it, so it can't effect the loading of the page in any way. (Slow/broken/crash, depending on OS and/or setup.) FFXI-Tyr 20:12, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
goblin move gave me a food effect of -10 to all stat. would be nice to know if are just negative food effect to be given --Mira el dito 21:14, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
I got same effect, it even overwrite my Tavnazian Taco. Nirvana oscura 22:20, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
Haven't completed Darkness Rising Rank 5-2 Mission, will that effect this battle?=
I finished the previous quest, Those Who Lurk in Shadows II but haven't entered the BCNM area for the battle yet. But I just realized that I have opened, but not completed Rank 5-2 which is a BCNM fight in the Qu'Bia Arena. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Darkness Rising battle will occur rather than this one? I have the Mark of the Seed as well as the New Fei'Yin Seal. --ArwenUndomiel 19:35, 16 April 2009 (UTC)