Now that is a classy picture! Nice job getting them to pose for the camera, esp. with their spawns. --zoogelio-forgot-his-password 22:34, 1 July 2006 (PDT)
- Easily soloed by COR/NIN. And Duo'd with RDM/NIN COR/BLM.
- Monkymancharlie (Ramuh)--Duoed Cor/Rdm with a rdm. RDM pops and takes pets to zone, i grab the jailer and kite him around square room next to spawn point. Rdm keeps them around zone until they finally disappear. After that I soloed JoF (using Hermes Sandals) hugging corners makes it easy to keep ahead of him, was able to keep rolls up and ice shot him without a problem. Fight took close to an hour. ---- Previous moved from main page where it doesn't belong..... why don't people understand that the main page is not the place for these things... --Moline 03:45, January 28, 2010 (UTC)
Kiting/Duoing Strat w/o Movement Speed+
I just Duo'd this with BLM/NIN(Me) and RDM/NIN, I can't believe how easy it was. You do not need movement speed+ gear like everyone says in order to sucessfully kite JoF, although he does run a bit faster than normal.
The RDM popped JoF and ran for about 10-15 mins aggroing nearly everything, running back and forth from it's ??? at Tartaru this time E-12 to Galka J-12. Once the pets were far enough from JoF and lost aggro (keep in mind that if you run too far ahead of JoF, he will go unclaimed but he will still run at you).
RDM purposely died at Galka (J-12), where the square path is. I quickly Burst II aggro'd him while RDM RR'd and full DoT him then spammed Tier1 spells so that I could kite JoF. Since he reflects non-resistant spells, I could easily kite him without movement speed+ (JoF stops for about a second to cast reflected spells).
From then on, one of us would purposely get hate and take turns kiting, while one of us took turns spamming Tier1 spells and Dia when needed (Keep Bio II and Posion II on, Dia is casted to help kite). Rdm should never need to rest, but when I did, RDM can hold his own using Dia and Utsusemi to kite, Slow II also helps.
Since JoF is a Paladin type, you can Aspir him, Drain works well too. He resisted Stun everytime, either he is highly resistant or immune (This also helped determine that he does not mimic resisted spells). I would also like to add that Vorpal Blade does not go through shadows, like many people have claimed. Always keep Utsusemi up, haste yourself or your duoing partner if needed.
There are many soloing/duoing combinations: [Soloing: 75NIN, 75RDM, 75BLM (75SCH, 75SCH possibly)] [Duoing: 75NIN 75RNG 75COR 75SCH 75RDM 75BLM 75SMN, when paired with any one of these jobs can easily be duo'd ex. 75NIN + 75NIN, besides 75RNG + 75RNG unless they have movement speed+ and some kind of healing, blood blots may not work] Note: There are many different strats you can use, this is just one that I'm sure works :) -- Rhouin
- Is it possible to solo/duo JoF as PUP with enhanced speed and a DDA Spiritreaver automaton? --Eremes 20:17, January 27, 2010 (UTC)
The Kf'ghrah's will share hate with the Jailer of Fortitude while in Ball and Bird form. However, when in Spider form, their hate is independant of Fortitude's. -- Nemisis
That's my experience, too. In our fight on Saturday the Balls and Birds just chased the PLD kiting Fortitude. One of them did hit Leviathan back after a Spinning Dive, but then went back to chasing the PLD. --Valyana 02:51, 7 November 2006 (EST)
Please stop changing it to Kf'Ghrah. Look in the screenshot please. --Ichthyos 17:42, 28 August 2006 (EDT)
Can someone who fights the Jailer post if its elemental core is the same color/element each time it pops, or if it varies? And can someone post which colored elemental cores the Kf'ghrahs have? --zoogelio-forgot-his-password 15:59, 29 December 2006 (EST)
I can verify that the Jailer can't be weighed down. Myself, RDM with 343 enfeebling skill and Elemental Seal couldn't land it. :/
--Shojin 07:02, 02 June 2007 (EST)
I changed the front page to say "it can instantly mimic" because prior it sounded like it will always as in 100% cast a spell. It does not cast, there is no cast time it just does it instantly. Yes you see the "Jailer of Fortitude starts casting Burst II" message but it is insta-cast. Mimic is not 100% either, we duo/trio this all the time trying to get torque for friends. --Bekisa 21:18, 11 October 2007 (UTC)
If you cast a spell at the same time as someone else, JoF will only mimic one of the spells, 95% if not 100%, he does not mimic resisted spells. Very low chance he will not mimic a non-resistant spell. He does stop to cast the spell, if only for a split second, which helps in kiting. - Rhouin
I noticed that if you cast a spell and he is very far away he will not always mimic the spell. I was spamming Dia on him the entire fight and sometimes when I would cast and JoF get far away he would not always stop and recast it on me. /wave Jen ^^ Jesifromgaruda 05:41, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
Fortitude Axe didn't drop
:*(March 17th, 2009) JAILER DID NOT DROP FORTITUDE AXE, ONLY DROPPED VIRTUE.
Moved this comment from the main page to here so it can be discussed, I did not post this comment originally.--DavionHikari 07:36, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
Likely a bug, GM response looks like a standard "I don't know anything about Jailers so let me go with a bookish answer". --Talk 20:30, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
- I love how liberal some people are with the word "bug". Apparently Charitwo is no programmer, because that is something that would never happen, especially after the virtue dropped already. Yes, bugs do happen but not in this form, this being a glitch is nearly impossible and anyone who has designed a game will testify to this. And I also have no idea why it's so hard to conceive that some items actually could have a very high drop rate. Why can't it be a 97-99% drop? There's plenty of 1% and less drops out there.
- With 99% You could go 400+ kills without seeing it drop and it still wouldn't be a significant sample size, 1000+ kills with no drop could still be just bad luck. Also, it could have happened before that the axe didn't drop but people were just too lazy or just didn't care to let other people know.
- And yes, the GM's response looks kinda evasive, especially considering his initial reaction, but it doesn't mean it's not true. I do believe that there are 97-99% drop rate items out there, but unfortunately when those items don't drop it's just ignored, quickly dismissed as a bug or glitch, which is very unlikely. Especially coming from people like Charitwo, this is ignored more often than it should be, because he doesn't really have a clue, but being a mod people often just trust his word. Just look at his reply, it's basically saying "It's a bug, GM has no idea, move on". He's just a wiki mod. He didn't design the game, nor does he have any insight to the game that the GM doesn't have. He's just another guy with a completely unfounded opinion.
- Personally I think this is either due to it not being a 100% drop, or some other game mechanic that prevented the item from dropping, like all people involved already had one (though I heard they changed that, not sure). Either way, this being a bug is very unlikely. Zaphor 08:38, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Just killed it on Pandy server and GA didnt drop. id say its about 90-95% since it usually does drop. Oxgodfather 04:56, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
Did everyone in the party already have one? This happens with other NMs like Mysticmaker Profblix all the time. >.>