Killed him as level 75 whm/blu spaming blu spells as I hit with a club and used my shield. I broke the record killing him in a bit over 5 mins. I watched a level 74rdm/blm die before I went in so I think it helps to sub the blu. I had no drinks or meds but did have wild carrot to heal and did not use cure. After he died I realized I had not even used my tp. You can use your blu magic to sleep him but then have no time to rest so just spam him. Mira from Odin —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Miragexv (talk • contribs).
It's weak but then again its a NM made for people in a party of 50's. 75BLM/RDM solo in 1 min 07 sec clear time for the BC. On Iceday w/ obi and AF2 legs: Freeze II > Blizzard IV > Blizzaga III > drain and it was over. Total HP is ~4000 or less. --Bekisa 09:28, 27 December 2007 (UTC)
Very easy fight, should be no problem for any job 70+ I read the 74rdm/blm dying comment above and got a 75 nin to come with me...
In about 3 hits 2 from nin and 1 from me he was down to about 88% hp, if that doesn't say anything, the nin only lost one shadow >_>;. Getting there was more of a challenge than the nm--K.Ishitar 22:58, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
Extremely easy to solo as 75drk/blu with just AF and Death Scythe on. Cocoon and then spamming Head Butt with normal attacks and weapon skills will do the job.Choerilos 23:49, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
Can you learn Amplification from this battle. I doe4s this mob use that at all??? Anyone know if you saw them use it. My battle was very very short i had 2 smns 75 and we 2hred it died in under 2 mins.
- Yes, the Immortal Flan does use Amplification, so it would be possible to learn it from this mob if you met the skill requirements.
Taken from main article:
- Soloed by 75SMN/WHM using Ifrit. 2 Flaming Crushes (Damage 785-1400+) and finish up with Meteor Strike (1000-1250+) (Davion of Quetzalcoatl). Kite if you run into trouble (assuming Flaming Crush might miss).
- Trioed by BLU50/NIN, BRD63/WHM and WHM63/BLM using standard xp gear, no 2hr needed (19/11/2007).
- Very easily duoed by RDM70/BLU and BLU52/NIN (standard gear - no 2H - 21/12/2007)
- Easily soloed by BST66/WHM (wait for cooldown on CallBeast at start - use 2 pets and pet food as needed)
- Duoed by 63PUP/WAR and 51BLU/WHM. PUP had only AF and minimal other gear. Used Soulsoother frame. No 2H's. (3/31/2008)
- Easily soloed by 75 MNK/NIN (presumably any DD/NIN). Kept shadows up; didn't take a single point of damage, not even from spikes.
- Soloed difficultly by 71DNC/35NIN without food. (Using Utsusemi + Violent Flourish to stun magic/recast Utsusemi)