- Easily soloable by SAM75/DNC37. If you have a Soboro, keep hitting it with darkness skillchains every time Meditate or Sekkanoki are up. Keep Box Step on him, and when he 2hr's, use Desperate Flourish and kite. If you get any adds, kill them off first. He goes down in about 8-10 minutes. --Wraith Lakshmi 07:33, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
- Soloable by PUP75/WAR37, long fight with healer automaton but easy enough. his 2 hour missed a lot.
- Soloable by 75SAM/DNC35 with luck. Hundred Fists will destroy Third Eye unless you are lucky. Tried Tachi: Hobaku to stall his attacks, resisted all attempts.
- Soloable by THF75/NIN37, NIN/RDM (using extra Yagudo drinks), and RDM (with a variety of subjobs BLU, PLD, etc).
- Soloable by BST75/NIN37 with 2 CourierCarrie (one will probably die of Hundred Fists).
- I tried this using Courier Carrie called with Monster Gloves and when the NM was around 70% it used Hundred Fists. Courier Carrie died before the NM was 60%. I quickly called another Courier Carrie and used Snarl during Hundred Fists. The second Courier Carrie only lasted until the NM was about 30% and there was still about 2 minutes on the Call Beast recast timer. I'm highly suspicious if this NM can in fact be soloed by a BST. --Hypnotizd 19:36, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
- Duoable by MNK75/THF37(with a few pots) and DRK75/SAM37.
- Soloable by DRG75/BLU37 (Ethreal Earring and Wyrm Armet helped). Still took a long time. Zareth 17:03, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
- Duoed by 75RDM/WHM & 75PUP/WAR. 10-15 minute fight. Easy fight. [October 2, 2008]
- Duoed by a MNK75/NIN37 and a MNK66/DNC33. Was a long fight, but fun. I would recommend EVA gear (Optical Hat, Arakan Samue, Rasetsu Sune-ate). Counterstance and successful casts of Utsusemi are a must in order to win under this condition.
- Solo easily by NIN75/DNC37. 100Fist = 100Miss. Took about 20 minutes. Fairly easy, even with adds repopping.
- Duoed SMN/WHM x2 - Long fight but fairly well. Have 1 Carbuncle and 1 Garuda. Use P.Claws with Garuda, a couple times until that smn is on about 400, release Garuda and rest to full, carbuncle will last a very long time. When carbuncle is low HP, the other smn resting get up, pop Carby and atk/metorite to get hate, then previous smn switch to Garuda, as they will have full MP, and the second smn will be regaining his MP back slowly, repeat this over and over, for hundred fists, depop any garudas and put carby on. 2 carbuncles lasted this easily, with only 1 dien as it started when carby had around 50% hp left. --Siion 05:46, 13 June 2009 (UTC)
As SAM/DNC: Third Eye with Seigan along with Drain Samba II and occasional Curing Waltz II, on top of the Blind and Paralyze enfeebles from Tachi: Yukikaze and Tachi: Kasha, lowers the amount of damage you take by an extremely large portion. NM has very low accuracy, making SAM evasion work well as a defense. I was fortunate enough to have free roam of the room because someone was killing the Yagudos for Coffer key, so when Xalmo used Hundred Fists, I used Desperate Flourish (Gravity) and kited him with extreme ease, until it wore off. --Auraeon 12:17, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
Had no issues with him when i soloed, cocoon and phalanx made even his crits do 0 damage, but that 30,000 hp thing... make sure you got a full drink next to you, it'll be a long fight --Endrew 19:50, 3 May 2008 (UTC)
Stole a beastcoin from this sucker on my AF run this morning. --Lahina 02:58, 1 January 2007 (EST)
This guy is definitely not soloable by most jobs 70+, or even 75. Most people I've talked to told me it was completely not soloable by any job at all, although I did take a video of myself soloing it as THF. It may also be soloable by RDM, but I highly doubt any other job can solo it. --Divisortheory 17:58, 29 March 2007 (EDT)
Did it on Thf, got killed by blm add at the same instant as I killed NM. the real problem is not soloing the NM, but that the fight takes longer than repop time of the yagudos surrounding it. So adds are nearly unavoidable..... Aphugel 06:45, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
i tried him as WAR/NIN and WHM/BLM today. first round we wiped to him because i could barely do any DMG to him due to his incredible Counter (i hit it maybe once or twice out of 15 hits, using Maneater/Ridill). WHM was OOM at 50% and thats when he used 2h.. died to it slowly with Defender on waiting for some MP ~_~.
2nd round did it with WAR/NIN, WHM/BLM and MNK/NIN which then was an easy fight because the dmg could come in from the MNK.
Jueki 15:53, 14 May 2008 (UTC)
Although long, overall an easy soloable fight for 75SAM/DNC. Can handle at least 2 links of the Sentinel/Inquisitor/Abbott tier. No 2-hour required. Long as you have Third Eye up, he won't be able to counter. --Futan 04:27, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
Duo as DNC71/NIN35 with a MNK52/NIN26. This fight took an insane two whole hours. It was a truly epic battle. The MNK died once due to aggroing all the yagudos on the stairs, and he somehow caused hate to go a little crazy during the fight with the NM, even though he was acutely aware of his hate control and hardly hit the NM. The NM seems to hold permanent hate on those who attack it. Even after the MNK logged for several minutes and switched characters, he would log back in and before I'd even reinvite him, he'd cast Utsusemi and the NM would switch target to him. I used Trance early on because I tried to keep him alive through the first wave of adds, but eventually he died anyway. By the time we defeated the NM, Trance was ready again. The NM's counter rate is stupidly high, we estimate maybe around 30-35% or more. Its counter would take me down fast, eating up my TP from using Waltz, so I was forced to collect adds and build TP on them throughout the battle. In its last 20%, our RDM72 friend showed up and helped us finish it off. So, I guess at that point you could call it a trio. Throughout the course of the battle, we had dealt with around 30 or so adds. It was, in all, a fun and crazy long fight, with many close calls, but I wouldn't repeat it this way due to how much time it took to win. --Nanayume 20:05, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
Just soloed this guy as PLD/NIN, took about 1:20. Had to use Chivalry 3 times (just unlocked, not merited) and ate tacos. The biggest problem and help were the links, I found the best thing to do was get 1 link and feed yourself TP from it, while WS'ing on the NM as the NM's most damaging thing comes from constant Counters. Hundred Fists wasn't an issue, Sentinel through it or Invincible. It got close a lot of the time, and you will need Hercules' Ring and Parade Gorget. An Etheral earring would make this fight a lot easier. I would think, judging from the damage I took, that a PLD/BLU or PLD/RDM would have a lot easier time soloing this then PLD/NIN. --FFXI-Tyr 22:04, 16 October 2008 (UTC)
Took me 21 minutes with RDM/BLU (haste gear + vermillion cloak). Cleared the hallway heading to the ??? then pulled it down there, moving as things repop'd. Used a tavnazian taco for DEF, and stoneskin never got broken. Stoneskin did drop a bunch of times over the course of the fight, but I wasn't taking any damage at all from regular hits with phalanx/cocoon. Only had one link, and that was at the very end of the fight. --lirmont 07:21, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
Duod with PLD75/DNC37 and MNK70....was a really simple fight we cleared the area for TP build and then pulled NM back to the tunnel entrance took about 25 mins PLD (me) 2hrd the NM 2hr and MNK 2hrd near 20% health...Chivalry used once when down no problem with not a single link from repops :Maveriick Ragnarok 20:30 est March 17th 2009
Tried to solo this as PLD75/rdm, got it down to 70% when repop started to link, at the begin I managed to stick some sleep on the first 1, but at the end i had 4mob+NM beating me and couldn't keep stoneskin up. died with NM at 50%. I think would be soloable by PLD/RDM if you manage to get not more than 1 link. NM himself hit fairly weak, less than 10 dmg with only pro4 and phalanx. --Mira el dito 08:57, 3 April 2009 (UTC)