A nice strategy for this NM is to just kill the Links in one of the rooms near the ???, have your tank stay in the doorway of that room and the hallway and your mages further back in that room. If your mages stay under the Tanks hate, when Gigiroon runs, he'll just run far enough to the other room to NOT aggro those adds, then come back. This way only the tank takes bomb damage and it's not very much at that. =) Kallo Landis 01:49, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- Strategy used included pulling to the inner ring of rooms (with the Portals), and taking turns kiting the NM while BLM and RDM nuked, then zoned through portals.
- NM can be killed by approximately 10 AM IIs from decently geared Black Mages.
- Killed by party of PLD, RDM/NIN, and two BLM/WHM with difficulty. Involved PLD kiting wherever mob roamed with links, portal zoning, and straight-tanking through periods of manafont nuking at the portal camp for the last 50%. RDM chainspell nuked the last 15%.
- Can be soloed by a RDM/NIN using Crimson Cuisses, Bio II / Blizzard III Kiting. It seems to run away very rarely if soloed.
- Tried the above strat was extremely difficult to do this way. Best strat that worked for us: PLD/WAR 3xBLM/RDM SCH/BLM 2xWHM/BLM SAM/RNG. Clear North and South rooms of all pops before popping NM. After pop 3xBLM's AMII it ran off but comes right back no need for anyone to chase it you just take xtra dmg from mines as they blow. The BLM's that needed to rest just went in other room the NM kited itself the entire time pretty much SAM/RNG kept range attacks up, was dead before the NQ quqirn even started repopping.
Killed recently several times, we just set up camp at the room that is right at the intersection of F/G-8/9. 2 PTs, a melee PT with a a PLD, RNG, SAM/RNG, BLU, BST and WHM, then a mage PT with SMN, BLM x2, WHM. We just sat on the room and slammed him with everything we could when he'd enter. He often brought links, but they seemed to stop shortly after the door. He'd always run out of the central room within about 15 seconds, often almost immediately. May or may not have been HP based (he always seemed to run if hit with a large Nuke/BP/WS volley). We had the BLMs sit out on nukes occasionally to allow the PLD to maintain hate. SAM or /SAM for ranged attackers was nice, since they could TP up and launch Sidewinders frequently. Pets from the BST were a terrible idea, jug pets would always follow an guaranteed that every mine would detonate. This caused a lot collateral DMG and of course killed the pet in short order. Avatars needed to be released instantly as well, or the same thing would happen.
- Links seemed to lose interest inside the door.
- Just drag it to the room at F/G-8/9 and wait for it to come back.
- Do not follow it out of the room, too risky with mines.
- Barfira/Barfira seemed to greatly reduce DMG dealt from the mines.
- Be patient, rest MP and rest/cure HP while it is gone. It can be gone 2+ minutes sometimes.
- It will go yellow, so it could be stolen using this strategy.
--Pakushaku 14:32, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
- Suggested Party Setup -- From various experiences with this ZNM using a wide variety of party setups, a Blm burn party would most likely be the best idea. The ZNM runs around way too much for any melee to do adequate damage to it. I would suggest a tank or two to help hold and balance hate between themselves while a combination of BLM,PUP, SMN, SCH, or even RDM nuke the ZNM down. That's just my suggestion from the times I have fought this. --Rukifelth 19:30, 22 June 2008 (UTC)