From the main page: 58,505~585,055 HP
Is this accurate? Does his HP vary according to some conditions (# of people in alliance, kill frequency, aggregate hate, etc) or is this an error? O_o
Xedrik 22:10, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
NM Title/Boss win requirement
LS did this tonight few members were out of xp range and did not receive the title. No title will net you no completion for the quest even if your in pt when it dies.
Dark threnody !! yellow >Full moon 100% Lightsday, 19:38 Conej0 02:30, November 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Soloed by PLD90/BLU45 using Razed Ruins, Apocalypse, and Mounted Champion Atmas. All you have to do is use a taco and keep phalanx/cocoon up always. Always keep your hp about 1500hp. Spam Vorpal Blade and look out for his 1111 Mercurial Strike, at this point you use shield bash before his 2 hour and run around kiting him until he is finished. If you ever get hit by Colossal Slam use sentinel and straight tank him(not during 2 hour). I forgot to mention you will need the hp/mp temp items from the cruor npc. You will run low on mp so this is a must. I do want to say I have 3/5 Creed +2 armor, I used Shamshir +2 -pdt, and have 6/6 hp/mp abyssite. I did use Chivalry once at 300% TP because I ran out of MP items.
- Killed yesterday using 2 DRK/MNK - 1 Using M. Kris, other using Ridill for Souleater/Bloodweapon, 3 SAM/WAR Meditated to 300% TP ahead of time, RDM/DRK for CS Stun, WHM/SCH, and 2 BRD mules for Soulvoice March x2/Madrigal/Minuet. SMN in main party for Perfect Defense was planned, but failed due to error so not included in job listing. Chainspell Stun began after 30 seconds of popping, wore off before the mob was entirely dead, but we had Fanatic's Powders which was used during CS stun as well, and had 2 additional in case of prolonged fight, which we used 1 of them. The DRK/MNK's had nearly 3000HP to begin which did full damage, but degraded before Blood Weapon wore down to 3 damage additional effect.
- I would recommend anyone doing with this low of numbers to make sure that you have about 2 minutes worth of damage control/stun lock to ensure victory (Fanatic's Powder, Drinks, etc). Please note that all members are fairly well geared in their respective jobs. -- Bladefury, Leviathan September 27, 2010
- Lowmanned this with 90DNC/NIN main tank + 90RDM & BRD. Also had WAR SAM NIN for weakness procs. Melees TP'd on other mobs and came in to WS, staying out of AOE range otherwise. NIN was backup tank but wasn't needed. His TP moves have a short readying animation and are hard to stun while tanking but did not resist Violent Flourish. Grellow proc ended up being Hyoton: Ni, Red was Seraph Blade and blue was Wheeling Thrust. Due to low TP fed the NM only WS'd about 8~9 times the entire fight and never used Meikyo Shisui. Fight took about 15 minutes. --Hi-chu 21:28, January 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Duo-able by very skilled MNK85 and WHM85. Was not there to witness entire fight, but by the time I had arrived the duo had taken the NM to 50%, and myself and a THF only came in for WS, but were nowhere near required. Only time it got 'close' was during a 2h at the end, where he went in red. Notable that the MNK is well merited, and geared (usu, af3, spharai etc). He had nearly 3000 HP with atma and foods, and I believe that would be required to attempt to tank it as MNK. -- Erikthecleric, Ragnarok
- Easily solo'd by a NIN90/DNC45 stunning all (or most) of his TP moves with Violent Flourish and using a standard EVA set.
- Solo'd NIN90/DNC ^stunning many TP moves. Atmas: Siren Shadow, Impregnable tower(HP buffer/magic acc), Apocalypse. took about 20-25min, started with EVA set, but changed half way through because i wasn't getting touched. 2 helms, KI, legs and head drop. --~SkinnyMcgee ~<_>Leviathan 04:33, February 28, 2011 (UTC)
Comfirmed Solo'd as level 90 Ninja Atma Of AOA RR GH Blade Hi hit 2k Fight Lasted 40 Minutes
- Attempted to fight him with a full alliance. We used a general setup since this was an experimental attempt. It didn't went good. From what we saw, Mercurial Strike and Colossal Slam is deadly against most of the people in range. Melee attacks were also not great against him so melee jobs are a bad idea against him. Ranged attacks and Blood Pacts did a good chunk of the damage when the fight was stable. Magic seems to be a good idea too.
- We were able to kite him for a while but the tanks were already in bad shape from the beginning. The area nearby has plenty of environmental obstacles, giving the NM some trouble to follow. The NM can be stunned. A rush style assault with a chainspell stun team might work but requires more knowledge about how much damage he can be inflicted during the chainspell windows to be certain. Nightshader 22:14, July 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Destroyable by a magic-heavy full alliance, though the fight took nearly an hour. Colossal Slam's supercurse was the biggest problem because despite spamming the spells and abilities, Cursna and Sacrifice couldn't get rid of it and the tanks died quickly afterwards. Repeated Holy Water usage seemed to work, though an altogether better tactic is probably to exploit tactical weaknesses and lock Colossal Slam entirely. Dark-element magic attacks like Drain and Bio2 were generating yellow !! for a good part of the fight, and his use of Colossal Slam dropped off dramatically after being hit with them.
Our alliance fought him near Conflux #4 to use altitude to our advantage and avoid massive deaths on the mages once Meikyo Shisui got used. Worked, too, since the only major mage-kill happened during a Meikyo when he Slammed right on top of them after climbing out of the chasm. Should the tanks die, the lake is an excellent place to kite around since the only aggro comes from the occasional Ephemeral enemy that can spawn with the pixies and flies. He does have enhanced movement speed, but not enough to outrun Crimson Cuisses. He's also large enough that he can be spotted (though not targetted) across the lake.
Mercurial Strike can be dangerous if the tanks aren't healed quickly, but it seems to be very area-limited and if it goes after an avatar it's likely to miss the tanks on the other side. His other TP moves did not appear to pose the same level of threat. Appears to be immune to Gravity and regular Bind - other enfeebles were having difficulty landing and the RDMs were too busy curing people to be very dedicated to sticking them.
Credit for A Goldstruck Gigas is gained even if you're dead when he's killed, as our LS leader discovered to his considerable relief. Gave about 4000 exp to the 15 or 16 people still alive at the end (I didn't count bodies). Tristan Kain 09:08, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Killed him with a shout party for quest. Farmed Key Items from NMs first. We used 3x SMN, 2x BRD, 2x RDM/DRK (I think) and 10 DDs if I remember correctly. Opened up with BRD swap and Alexander for PD and then just zerged it down. When Alex wore, RDM took over with Chainspell Stun. Took like 90 seconds to kill. Over all it took us ~90 Minutes from entry, to get all 3 Key items (1/5, 1/2 and 1/4 on them) and to kill Briareus.--Velocy85 11:19, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Killed him with the following: 2x SMN, 3x BRD, 2x RDM/DRK & 11 DD's we did a full BRD rotation and had SMN's use Perfect Defense just before we popped it. RDM Started CSS at the start and basic zerg till complete. Fight appoximated 90 sec long. From start to finish took us about 10min (Key Items were previously farmed). No Atma for us, can't seem to find the trigger, but we'll be doing this again and often. -- Lahriel 12:24, September 18, 2010 (UTC)