First off, my first time making a page, so I apologize for it's crudeness. Secondly, watched a pt of WHM67, 75 THF/NIN, & a 75PLD try & take this, they got to about 15% before wiping to the nasty Whirl of Rage it spams. I then tried taking it duo w/ 2 75SMN's & we simply couldn't do enough dmg to overwrite the drain spikes it has.--Sphynxer 10:34, November 12, 2009 (UTC)
Soloable by BLM/NIN via DoT kite method. Just kite around one of those white spines and cast something around every corner while keeping shadows up. About a 30 minute fight with little difficulty if you know what you are doing.--Mimiruu 01:25, December 8, 2009 (UTC)
I'm not so sure this is a timed spawn. If you notice the Cursed Weapons in the area, they re-pop much like Panzer Percival in Jugner Forest. It's possible that the PH for Barbaric Weapon can spawn at the other spines and no one would know when it was killed. Testing with my girlfriend seemed to suggest this, but the NM finally spawning after 6 hours only when we started killing these far-spawning "placeholders" could be a coincidence. --Shanecf 07:46, November 15, 2009 (UTC)
first attempted to solo as pld/dnc bad idea keke. came back as rdm/nin tried to dot/nuke kite. seems to be immune or very resistant to gravity and bind. dispel didnt take off its spikes effect. did end up killing it but melee style keke was a long fight (30mins or so) but managed to pull a win. pops more specifically at G-8 eastern side of large rock on map along the mini spine there. also blind, paralyze, and slow landed easily. easily out run with movement speed. dot kite works but prepare for it going unclaimed alot and be careful not to let bio and poison to wear as it regens quite rapidly. will mess up DD/tanks very quickly so if your doing this with a small group tank shouldnt engage and no damage done to it should be melee hits as its dread spikes effect really hurts. appears to be 2-3hour spawn from what i can tell so far after fighting it 3 times.
I believe i can confirm this as a lottery pop off a weapon that pops along the spine structure to the east of the telepoint. Soloable by a cor/nin with 12% movement speed but it will lose hate and claim frequently. It seems to run at 112% normal movement speed. DaisZX 05:08, November 17, 2009 (UTC)
As long as there's not someone to steal the claim, it's soloable by COR without movement speed+, as long as you kite it around the spine - or what I did was take it to the rock formation at the outpost and kited it there. The only trick is not letting it start to despawn. That happened a few times, and I had to risk everything by reclaiming it quickly with a melee attack since my QD timer was down. Personally, I found it more advantageous to have a helper who could reclaim for you if trouble happened. Regardless, I'm removing the timed spawn note on the page, since it is up for debate. --Shanecf 21:09, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
Solo Melee-style as RDM/NIN. Dread spikes did 0 dmg without stoneskin up, a combination of low physical DoT from Joyeuse, Shell4 and Phalanx is probably the cause of this. Spams Whirl of Rage on almost every utsusemi recast, a good amount of Fast Cast and Haste is recommended. At low HP it spams the weaponskill every 2 or 3 hits from the sword, becomes difficult, but not impossible. 2/4 on droprate no TH. --MisutoAsura 20:49, November 20, 2009 (UTC)
took nearly 5 hours to spawn (from when we got there, so no clue on ToD)... I'd say it's not a timed spawn, but a lottery, and windows opens in 2 hours or so.. bout the fight, died in 15 seconds, SAM 2hr'd and 1 slug shot from COR and it was dead. 1/1 on drop^^ Antaress 04:04, November 23, 2009 (UTC)
RDM/NIN used a DoT/nuke kiting strategy around the spine. There were 2 Cursed Weapons, that I killed before pop. One repopped a RDM Cursed Weapon (it cast Dia2), which I killed again, the other popped as Barbaric Weapon. I noticed that the other Cursed Weapon did not respawn during the entire battle (which took 29 minutes), maybe he respawed somewhere else. If this is the case, maybe there is one single PH (the WAR Cursed Weapon) for this, because it's definitely not a Timed Spawn, it popped instead of a Cursed Weapon. Also it gave me 97 Experience points as a RDM75, making it level 74? It's definitely not level 80+. --Jammie 15:23, November 25, 2009 (UTC)
Ok, after killing this 2 more times (0/3 on the Gloves btw), I can add the following info which I am pretty sure is true: On the G-8 Spine, there can be 2 mobs: a RDM Weapon and a WAR Weapon. The RDM can also spawn at another spine. The WAR Weapon will always pop at the G-8 Spine, and is the only PH for the NM. You can only spot the difference between the 2 by observing which one casts spells on himself and the other. Also, I keep getting 97 Experience points for this NM, so I am changing his level to 74 (not 80+), and keep the verification tag on it, until someone else can confirm.--Jammie 23:09, November 26, 2009 (UTC)
I have camped this NM and the WAR weapon and RDM weapon can pop on either of the two spines nearest to the rock at G-8. Out of boredom, I killed both RDM and WAR weapons, but the Barbaric Weapon only seems to pop from the WAR, making it seem as though the WAR is the placeholder. No drops, but easy kill with THF/NIN (evasion gear) and BLU/NIN stunning all the WSs.
Easily soloable as BLM/RDM without movement speed through kiting and DoT. Possibly immune to bind and gravity. Just circle around anything you can find (I used one of the spines), as the NM's pathing is pretty awful and will eventually deaggro you. While possible, this method may occasionally lose claim on the NM, and thus you will need to keep a vigilant watch should claim competition be present. Sovereignffxi 01:44, December 8, 2009 (UTC)
Soloed on Dnc/Nin, with a moderate amount of difficulty. Violent Flourish is your absolute best friend on this fight, for as long as you're able to keep stunning Whirl of Rage, Dread Spikes won't be much of an issue. Problem is that with Dread Spikes, damage output can equal hp drained, so you may find yourself at a standstill from time to time. Fan Dance is also handy in case you can't block a Whirl and get stunned. A good double attack round will land you in trouble. Only time I WSed was at the end to finish. Amovorite Dec. 12th, 2009
An extremely easy and effective way I found to kill Barbaric weapon is with a duo with a Blm/nin and any job with shadows, preferably Thf/nin for TH. I would pull Barbaric weapon to one of the platforms (the Drk/Nin/Blm one in Dynamis). The Blm nukes Barbaric weapon hard then makes one circuit around the platform with Barbaric weapon chasing (each tier4 nuke is ~10% of it's health). By the time the Blm runs by the Thf/nin, hate will have diminished to the point where Barbaric Weapon will simply want to attack the CLOSEST target on it's hate list. So Barbaric Weapon will pick the Thf/nin as it runs by. The Blm/nin now has time to move to a safe range and nuke hard again. Simply repeat until Barbaric Weapon dies. The Blm will most likely need to rest MP halfway through, during which time the Thf/nin can easily kite Barbaric Weapon (just make sure you don't kite near the resting Blm).
after 4 days of camping the pattern is pops every 2 hrs popping within a 1 hr frame if the PH is killed. Take someone with you to camp where the PHs are which are at the other 2 or 3 spines.
- Easily soloed by BLU/THF by use of Disseverment's poison and SACA Cannonball; Some form of movement speed required.
- Easily soloed by COR/NIN or COR/BLM with movement speed (Hermes' Sandals, WLegs or Skadi's jambeaux). Kite around and use Fire Shot. If you lost hate use a Quick Draw or Ranget attack with Peacemaker. Its a 25-30min battle.
Just duo'd this NM as Nin/dnc and THF/nin; took 6 hours to pop for anyone who wants to know what a possible max time they're looking at for popping it. Also, no drop. --Mastersquall 06:38, January 12, 2010 (UTC)
NIN/DNC NIN/RDM NIN/DRK
- First tried this NM NIN/DNC fight went reasonably well, turning for at least 1 minute after each whirl of rage. Keep paralyze, slow, and blind on it at all times, I recommend Yonin and using meat as food as well, seeing as it's evasion isn't high even to a non merited nin. Tried to make the fight go faster by getting tp off nearby mobs then WSing the NM since dread spikes doesn't activated on ws's but this usually ended in me losing shadows and taking damage.
- Tried again as NIN/RDM to dispel the spikes, which seems to be impossible to do. Bio II helped with the fight DoT wise, you might also want to bring elemental tools to do the wheel while your back is turned to make the fight quicker, since 1 min is enough time to get through all 6 elements. Make sure before you fight you get a good refresh sanction, and I always put on the RR as well as a safety precaution.
- Fought again as NIN/RDM this time exclusively using the :Ni Elemental wheel, the fight lasted about 14 minutes. Kept Yonin up the whole time the most tools I used from one element was 16 the least 9. RDM fast cast trait, stacked with haste gear helps alot. Whirl of Rage at the end got as frequent as after every 4 :Ni spells indicating extremely high store TP. Monsters get 10 tp per spell, so store TP+250.
- Third time went as NIN/DRK went very easily, the mob never actually hit me. If you are quick with stun you can stop whirl of rage, thus stopping it from ever putting up dread spikes, which seems to happen right after you take damage/takes shadows meaning you can continue to attack the mob until it's tp move animation is done. Arcana killer proc'd quite alot intimidating the monster. kept para/slow/blind and yonin on at all times. I also used Bio occasionally to keep DoT on when whirl of rage did go off.
- I have a moderate evasion setup with EVA+23 AGI+26 EVA skill+17 and capped eva merits, and the monster rarely took a shadow.
- Good luck --Strikereleven 20:52, January 2, 2010 (UTC)