So I got this earring a day ago and tried to do some testing to see if I could get the latent to activate (no luck unfortunately) but I'll share with what I found didn't work.
- All tests were done as a 56 RDM/blm with 57+18 INT and 170+5 elemental skill. Spell of Choice was Aero 2 with nq wind staff. The only time this job/sub combo was changed was to test if the latent triggered with other subs. (For the /rdm test I went Blm/Rdm). Aero two landed consistantly for 231 dmg on mandies in West. Saru with or without the earring.
- Doesn't Trigger with:
- /blm /rdm, /whm, /sch, /blu, /nin
- Doesn't trigger with day or weather types.
- Doesn't trigger with HP% or MP% (Tested all at 100%, 75%, 50%, 25% and hp at 1%)
Going off the name of the earring and the ties it has to fire.  I even tested it with some off the wall ideas like:
- having Blaze Spikes, or Enfire up.
- I even went so far as to try having a smn summon Ifrit and try with him out, and even had him use the new Avatar's Favor ability and to no avail.
- So I give up and placed it on the ah in the hopes it sells; hope this information proves useful and someone can figure out how to activate this latent.
Kohki 07:02, November 15, 2009 (UTC)
These earrings activate when in a party with the appropriate job. I have tested this out with 3 different earring/job combos.
Ardent = blm Forte = thf Rathe = sam
--Calamity Fenrir 23:34, November 15, 2009 (UTC)