It actually still drops a venomous claw. I lost count after 10 kills when I first started soloing as RDM. A year later I needed the GK for my SAM and it dropped a claw.
--Scwall, of Quetzalcoatl.
RDM/NIN can solo with little difficulty. Poison is 100% resist Bio does work though. If gravity is used a lot it will eventually resist it or will not stay on for more then couple seconds. Fight can be done in under an hour.
wasn't this mob given Rage during the corresponding update ?
- Is able to Double-Attack
- Cold Breath TP move can bind you and Numbing Breath can cause a semi-weak paralyze.
- Out of 30 times Kamewari dropped 30/30 of times, and Venomous Claw 0/30
- Does not rage
- Placeholder seems to wander right corner of the room near water where the NM pops
He seems to have some pretty significant Store TP. As RDM/NIN, I was getting 5 spells off before it used a TP move (below 25% that is). Base TP given for spells is 10. 10 - 10% (from Subtle Blow from /NIN) is 9 TP per spell, meaning it should take 12 spells to get 100% tp (which it does on most other non-SAM mobs).
It does not have Auto-Regain; I didn't cast anything for 6 mins (5 mins would be 100% TP with 1 TP/tick Regain), and it still did not use its TP until my 5 nuke (Stone1 x4, Bio2 x1 in this case).
To get 100 TP from 5 spells, assuming I did the math correctly, it would need 122~177 Store TP. It seems like a bit much, but I tried it several times, and it always used its TP as soon as my 5th nuke finished casting. --rOg \ TaLk 16:39, 15 May 2008 (UTC)
- I did not notice this to be the case; still 12 spells for 1 TP move.
- Trio: 75 COR/NIN kiting and using mostly Ice Shot, 75 RDM/WHM Bio3 Gravity and light nuking, 75 SMN/WHM Nether Blast
- Trio: 75 PLD/NIN, 75 DNC/NIN, 75 NIN/DNC -Arroh 06:56, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
- Trio: NIN/NIN/BRD level 73-75 (using Sword and Spirits Within)
- solo by 75SMN using carby/fenrir kite methods by Bune area
- solo by 75 RDM kiting (or straight tanking near Ungur pop) by Bune area.
- Soloable by a skilled NIN/DNC in evasion gear macroing in haste for Utsusemi casts.
- Trio: 75THF/NIN, 75RDM/WHM Bubbs, and 61BRD/30WHM Hisda... KeepitReAL Lakshmi server.
- trio: 75NIN/THF 75WHM/SCH 75SMN/WHM. Rough fight, hate/mp issues due to tp moves. Shaddix 09:32, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
- Duo: 75NIN/DNC, 75RDM/BST. Rough fight. NIN blink tanked used 2 whole stacks Shihei. RDM spammed enfeebs whole fight. Tossed a few cures but NIN/DNC cured himself mostly. NIN-Moldtech RDM-Mistorle Unicorn server. --Yamoto 09:10, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
- Solo: 85BST/WHM. Was semi tough but easy enough. Have lots of petfood. I did acouple kites around smal rocks when Nazuna's timer wasn't ready. I also did 2 kites across the upper part of the zone. Got a vid of it i'll post soon. Took about half hour. --Kaosis 16:14, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Trio RDM/NIN THF/NIN BRD/WHM. pull Amikiri to Bune area.
- Soloable by NIN80/DNC35 with a full EVA set, full Ninjutsu skill set, full Hasteset and Yonin. Recomend Squid Sushi since Amikiri has pretty good EVA. Took 1 hour exactly
Strategy Notes: For duo and trio pull Amikiri to the Bune spawn area (Mage duo kite space) in order to avoid aggro.