a half-moon shape on its ends.
Teleport into the zone using the Campaign Arbiter. It is recommended to complete the quest prior leaving the western area.
- While you can operate the lock from either side, all of the possible ??? locations are on the west side.
- The only way back to the west side after using the escape watch towers is through the Wooden Gate (for which you don't have a key yet.)
- Zoning to East Ronafure (S) or Pashow Marshlands (S) resets the quest.
- Logging out and logging back in does not require rechecking the gate.
The Wooden Gate is located at (H-7). Examine the lock twice to receive a description and activate the ??? points. This is required before you can obtain this key item.
- Message 1: "The gate is locked."
- Message 2: "You notice a half-moon hole in the gate."
The ??? moves around and can be found on top of the lookout platforms all over the western area.
- (F-8) -- Next to path.
- (G-9) -- This platform is empty.
- (H-10) -- A Orc patrolling the platform walks down the ramp and pauses long enough to drop Invisible, grab the spot and re-apply.
- The ??? on the ground under this platform is used in the quest Wrath of the Griffon.
- (I-8) -- Is easily targeted from the ground.