|Ro'Maeve||77 - 80||
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Usually spawns around (H-8), (K-8), (E-8), (H-9), but can spawn anywhere on the second or third tiers of Ro'Maeve.
- If there is a server maintenance, Shikigami Weapon can spawn 20 hours 30 mins after servers are up (this may not nessasarily be the same as when people can first log back on to the server).
- Spawns with an innate Invisible effect; it does not appear until aggroed.
- Cannot be aggroed by resting as a Level 99
- Casting magic near it will cause it to aggro that player.
- Summoners using Carbuncle can aggro and claim by casting Cure while moving, causing the spell to interrupt and costing no mp. As soon as Shikigami Weapon becomes visible and start attacking the Summoner, Carbuncle will attack and establish claim with a successful hit. It is very easy to get claim this way, even with lots of competition.
- It is possible to outrun Shikigami Weapon and lose aggro. Take care when pulling.
- Does not link with the other weapons.
- Roams around the second and third tiers after spawning.
- Appears as the last monster in the Wide Scan list (Field Manual will appear below it if you're within range). Shikigami Weapon can be tracked from Wide Scan but cannot be targeted with "/ta <scan>" until it drops Invisible. Note: since the new Steely Weapon was added in the nov 9 update with the addition of the A Shantotto Ascension mini expansion the Steely Weapon will also appear below Shikigami Weapon on Wide Scan.
- It is important to note that Shikigami Weapon will not appear claimed to whoever he aggroes. It is possible to aggro and for another party to claim.
- Safest place to try and claim is under the bridge at (H-9), where there are less arcana to aggro.
- Killable by 3+ level 75 players. (see testimonials)
- Uses all the standard evil weapon TP moves.
- Uses all Red Mage spells, including those obtained with merit points, as well as Diaga III.
- Fast attack rate and Double Attacks frequently.
- Hits very hard. Utsusemi tank recommended.
- Has a minor Auto Regen effect.
- Susceptible to all forms of Sleep.
- Immune to Silence.
In Japanese mythology, Shikigami are spirits conjured to serve Onmyoji (sorcerers). They can take any manner of form, birds, small animals, a small Oni, or even spirits which can possess people. Most Onmyoji can summon only 1 or 2 Shikigami at a time, but the best can summon up to 12. They can be dangerous to the Onmyoji, sometimes breaking free of their control, running amok and killing them. In various Manga series, the Shikigami are depicted as spirit servants made from folded and cut paper (a wordplay on Shikigami, which resembles the character for paper). They are similar to the Familiars from European folklore. Shikigami is Japanese for "ceremonial spirit"; shiki "ritual, ceremony" + kami "spirit, deity".