The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Complete the Father and Son quest and make sure to give the Willow Fishing Rod back to the son.
- Talk to Ailbeche again who will ask you for an Ordelle Whetstone.
- Talk to Sobane in (D-6) of Southern San d'Oria. Be sure to talk to her twice if you get a cutscene the first time. The cutscene is the beginning of either the quest Signed in Blood or Tea with a Tonberry? and not part of this quest.
From this point on, the quest can be completed on any job. You should not use AOE, as the fight takes place in an area with (normally non-aggressive) level 80+ mobs.
- Head to Ordelle's Caves, entering from the western most entrance at (F-7) from La Theine Plateau.
- From the first map, head east to the ramp at (I-6). This puts you on the second map. Head southwest to the room at (G-8), then take a left. Next, head south up the ramp at (H-9). This puts you back on the first map. The Stalagmite is next to the hole in the first small room.
- Select the Stalagmite to spawn and defeat the NM Polevik, an Earth Elemental.
- Can be defeated on any job, as long as quest is active.
- Should be level 65+ to solo the fight.
- Has been soloed as a level 44 PLD with trusts. (EDIT: Just solo'd at PLD42/WAR21 with 4 trusts.)
- Touch the Stalagmite again to receive the Ordelle Whetstone.
- Talk to Ailbeche to complete the quest.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.