The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Talk to Erlene on sch job to begin the quest. (You will need to wait until next game day and zone after completing Downward Helix.)
- Return to the Indescript Markings at E-11 of Pashhow Marshlands (S). You will obtain an Unaddressed Sealed Letter.
- Return to Erlene for a cutscene.
- Read the Unaddressed Sealed Letter key item. Then talk to Erlene again to obtain a Porting Magic Transcript.
- Travel to Grauberg (S) and investigate the blank spot at E-10. You can find it in a cave entered at F-10.
- Inspect the Indescript Markings nearby to enter the BCNM.
- Only the party leader can transport the party into the arena, so lead must be passed to someone that currently has the quest active to enter.
- After completing the BCNM, return to Erlene for your reward.
- You will be transported to the Ruhotz Silvermines for a battlefield event against Ulbrecht.
- You may get a message stating, "The hands of darkness prevent you from proceeding," after being checked to enter the battle. Originally thought to be held back due to a campaign battle, but entry was allowed shortly after still during the battle.
- Will cast the following spells: Regen II, Cure IV, Protect III, Shell III, Drain, Aspir, Dispel, Sleep, and all Tier III elemental nukes.
- Attacks with a dagger. Deals ~50 damage against average defense.
- Every minute, he will use a random Dark Arts Stratagem. These Stratagems do not wear off when he casts a spell, and last for the minute until he uses another one.
- His Stratagems are stronger versions of players' Stratagems. Alacrity will make his spells instant cast, Manifestation will make all of his spells Area of Effect, and Ebullience will significantly boost his elemental and healing magics.
- Is immune to Silence and Resists Sleep (BLM was able to land Sleep II first time without ES; 2nd and 3rd times required ES..) Other status effects, including Stun, seem to have a normal chance for landing.
- At 50% HP, he will use Tabula Rasa. While under its effect, his Stratagems do not wear off, allowing him to cast spells under the simultaneous effect of all of his Stratagems.
- At around 15% HP, he gives up and the battle ends.
- Was my experience that the porter didn't work with lightning weather or wind weather.
- Ulbrecht's maniacal machinations have been made clear, and only one person holds the key to tracking him down. Find Professor Schultz!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.