The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Erlene (The Eldieme Necropolis (S), Batallia Downs (S)) (J-8)
- Ulbrecht's maniacal machinations have been made clear, and only one person holds the key to tracking him down. Find Professor Schultz!
- Talk to Erlene on sch job to begin the quest. (You will need to wait until next game day and zone after completing Downward Helix.)
- Note: You only need to be on Scholar for the first cutscene. For the other cutscenes you can be on any job.
- Return to the Indescript Markings at E-11 of Pashhow Marshlands (S). You will obtain an Unaddressed Sealed Letter.
- Return to Erlene for a cutscene.
- Read the Unaddressed Sealed Letter key item. Then talk to Erlene again to obtain a Porting Magic Transcript.
- Travel to Grauberg (S) and investigate the blank spot at E-10. You can find it in a cave entered at F-10.
- Inspect the Indescript Markings nearby to enter the BCNM.
- Only the party leader can transport the party into the arena, so lead must be passed to someone that currently has the quest active to enter.
- After completing the BCNM, return to Erlene for your reward.
- Buffs do not wear upon entry.
- You will be transported to the Ruhotz Silvermines for a battlefield event against Ulbrecht.
- You may get a message stating, "The hands of darkness prevent you from proceeding," after being checked to enter the battle. Originally thought to be held back due to a campaign battle, but entry was allowed shortly after still during the battle.
- Will cast the following spells: Regen II, Cure IV, Protect III, Shell III, Drain, Aspir, Dispel, Sleep, and all Tier III elemental nukes.
- Attacks with a dagger. Deals ~50 damage against average defense.
- Seems to have fairly high accuracy.
- Every minute, he will use a random Dark Arts Stratagem. These Stratagems do not wear off when he casts a spell, and last for the minute until he uses another one.
- His Stratagems are stronger versions of players' Stratagems. Alacrity will make his spells instant cast, Manifestation will make all of his spells Area of Effect, and Ebullience will significantly boost his elemental and healing spells.
- Is immune to Silence and builds resistance to Sleep quickly(first Sleep II may stick without Elemental Seal, however subsequent attempts at sleeping will more than likely require ES). Other status effects, including Stun, seem to have a normal chance for landing.
- At 50% HP, he will use Tabula Rasa. While under its effect, his Stratagems do not wear off, allowing him to cast spells under the simultaneous effect of all of his Stratagems.
- His storm spells decrease the damage done by Elemental Magic of the same element. For example, Thunderstorm decreases damage done by Thunder based spells.
- At 20% HP, he gives up and the battle ends.
- Duoed as level 76 PUP/DNC (with Valoredge-Automaton used as tank) & level 70 SCH/RDM, with difficulties
- SOLO'd By Kuroganashi Bismark Server NIN 90 / DNC 45 this dude is a JOKE
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.