|Sauromugue Champaign||55||1||A, S|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Spawns around I-10 from the back exit of Garlaige Citadel approximately every 21-24 hours.
- Four people are needed to open the Banishing Gates in Garlaige Citadel.
- If you have installed the Wings of the Goddess expansion, it is possible to enter Sauromugue Champaign (S) and take a trip through Garlaige Citadel (S). You can pass through Garlaige Citadel (S) solo and the requirement for 4 people to open the Banishing Gates is not applicable. Once you pass through Garlaige Citadel (S), you can use the Cavernous Maw located at (K-9) to return you to the present, very close to the Roc spawn point.
- Special Attacks: Benediction, Massacre Elegy, Horde Lullaby, Draw In.
- Rages after 20 minutes.
- Has around 30,000 HP.
- Susceptible to all enfeebles except dark based Sleep, making it possible to be kited with Bind and Gravity for rest. Light based sleeps Lullaby, Light Shot, and Repose do work.
- Lower defense than its counterpart.
- Killable by: 12 characters level 60; 2 characters level 75. (see testimonials)
- Nyzul Isle: The Armoury Crate it leaves behind contains a ??? Polearm, which may rarely appraise into a Dryad Staff.
In Persian mythology, the Roc (also spelled Rukh) was a gigantic bird of such strength, it preyed on elephants for food. It was a large, white-feathered bird. The Roc is most well known from Sindbad the Sailor's encounter with one in One Thousand and One Nights. Some scholars think the Roc is a distorted account of the Aepyornis (also known as the Elephant Bird), a giant (now extinct) 9 foot tall flightless bird from Madagascar, as some early explorers reported these creatures and thought them to be the chicks of larger, yet unseen birds.