- Will only activate if a hit is taken (even from 0 damage) from the front with your weapon drawn.
- All defensive job abilities and skills (except potentially Shield) must be exhausted before Retaliation will take effect, and Retaliation will not negate or otherwise affect damage taken.
- Unlike Counter, you gain TP from both the Retaliation swing and the damage you take to trigger the swing.
- Like Counter,
- Retaliation depends on Accuracy; Only retaliations that hit show up in the log (Exception: Perfect Dodge).
- You can perform a critical hit on a retaliation, but it will not show a critical hit animation or give a different log message.
- Additional effects such as HP drain from Drain Samba do not occur on retaliation.
- Double Attack & Triple Attack can not occur on retaliation.
- You cannot retaliate a Weapon Skill or Ranged Attack.
- You can gain weapon skill ups from Retaliation attacks.
- Currently unknown if anything affects the activation rate. The base rate seems to be 40-50% before hit rate.
- Appears to have similar movement decrease as one "Dusk" equipment (e.g. Dusk Gloves).
- Retaliation is considered slashing damage even if wearing a non slashing weapon such as a polearm. There is some debate on this topic: (see testimonials)
Equipment that Enhances this Trait