- Skill Level: 357
- Description: Delivers a fivefold attack of nonelemental damage. Attack strength varies with TP.
- To obtain Requiescat, the quest Martial Mastery must be completed and it must be purchased from the Merit Points menu.
- Requiescat's first hit fTP is replicated for all of its hits.
- Aligned with the Shadow Gorget & Soil Gorget.
- Aligned with the Shadow Belt & Soil Belt.
- Note: Requiescat deals non-elemental and unresistable damage, similar to Spirits Within, but in Abyssea it is still considered a physical weaponskill; it will still yield Ruby light when used as the killing blow on a mob that yields such light.
- Damage Multipliers by TP::
100%TP 200%TP 300%TP 1.0 1.0 1.0
- -20% attack modifier at 100% TP.
- Deals nonelemental damage, allowing it to bypass the Physical Shield status caused by moves such as Invincible and Pyric Bulwark.
- Requiescat is only available to Paladins, Blue Mages, Warriors, Red Mages, Dark Knights, Samurais, Corsairs and Rune Fencers.
- Can be purchased from the merit menu after reaching job level 96 in any of the above listed jobs, even if the required skill level has not yet been attained. However, Sword skill 357 and job level 96 are both required to actually use Requiescat.
- Sword skill level 357 is obtainable by the following jobs at these corresponding levels:
Job Rating Level Paladin A+ 90 Blue Mage A- 91 Rune Fencer A- 91 Warrior B 94 Red Mage B 94 Dark Knight B- 95 Corsair B- 95 Samurai C+ 96 Ninja C 97 Bard C- 98 Dragoon C- 98
The latin epitaph "Requiescat in pace" (English: Rest in peace) is a common catholic expression often found on headstones, abbreviated as "R.I.P.". Missing two words of the phrase, the Weapon Skill can just be translated as "rest", but not as an imperative (command) but simply as a noun.