Quickening is a beneficial status effect that increases movement speed until it wears off or is removed. This effect stacks with movement speed enhancing gear, but not Mazurka or Flee effects. Quickening from multiple sources cannot be stacked for greater effect.
How to remove the effect
- Attacking a target or being attacked will remove this effect.
- Changing jobs at a Moogle or Nomad Moogle will remove this effect.
- Using Flee will overwrite this effect.
- Entering level restricted areas will remove this effect.
- Dying will remove this effect.
- Charming a target will remove this effect.
- Quickening effects obtained from Swift Shoes will be removed upon entering an area not affected by Super Kupowers.
- Effect is not removed by harvesting, logging or mining.
- Effect is not removed by riding a Chocobo; however, it does not increase the movement speed of a Chocobo.
- Effect is not removed by using Beastmaster pet commands or Call Beast.
- Effect is not removed by using Dragoon pet commands or Call Wyvern.
- Effect is not removed by using Puppetmaster pet commands or maneuvers.
- Effect is not removed by using Summoner pet commands Assault, Retreat, Release, Blood Pact: Ward.
- Effect is removed by using Summoner pet command Blood Pact: Rage.
How the effect is inflicted/gained
- Sprinter's Shoes - Movement Speed +12.5%
- Moogle's Japery - Movement Speed +25%
- Talaria - Movement Speed +12.5%
- Swift Shoes - Movement Speed +12% - 25%
- Note: Strength of effect increases the longer your rest. See Swift Shoes page for more information.
- Farso-Dafarso - Movement Speed +12%.