The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
You must wait until next game day after completing "Operation Teatime" to start this quest.
- Talk to Iruki-Waraki at (K-9) in Aht Urhgan Whitegate (second floor of the Way of the Devout) for a cutscene.
- You can be any job from here on.
- Speak to Shamarhaan at (F-9) in Bastok Markets for a cutscene and Valkeng's Memory Chip.
- Go to Mount Zhayolm, (L-8), and click a ??? near the cliff edge on a rock slab to receive a Toggle Switch.
- Go to Talacca Cove for the BCNM. The entrance to the battle is the rock slab in the northwest corner of the area (at F-6 of the player-created map).
- Talacca Cove can be reached by either going through the Alzadaal Undersea Ruins (NE portal to "D" then left side portal to "J" finally left side portal to "K" to exit 4 which is just east of Nashmau); or by using the Runic Portal to the Azouph Isle Staging Point; or by taking the ship to Nashmau and then taking the western exit out of the city.
- After the fight is over, you will be asked a question; your answer does not matter.
- Return to Bastok Markets for another cutscene with Shamarhaan in which he'll ask the same question as in the previous cutscene. As before, it doesn't matter which answer is chosen.
- Return to Aht Urhgan Whitegate for another cutscene with Iruki-Waraki.
- Go to Nashmau (H-9) and speak with Sajhra, located at the pier entrance, for a cutscene.
- You're likely have to pay the 100 gil boarding fee just to reach this NPC. I tried talking to him from behind Bellowing Scout, but kept getting the Target out of range" message. --LordChocoSlime 21:04, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Finally, return to Aht Urhgan Whitegate and speak with Iruki-Waraki for the final cutscene, after which you receive your reward.
The Remaining AF
- After flagging Puppetmaster Blues and receiving the first cutscene you can speak to Dhima Polevhia to begin the process of having the remaining three artifact pieces crafted. Each piece requires materials and Imperial currency. When trading these items to Dhima Polevhia, trade the Synthesis Materials and the Imperial curreny together. The pieces are:
- Note: After trading the proper materials and fee to Dhima Polevhia you will have to wait until Japanese midnight to you receive your Puppetry piece. You must also wait for the previous piece to be crafted before you can start the next Puppetry piece.
See Discussion page for strategies and notes.
- The fight allows a maximum of 6 party members and the time limit is 30 minutes.
- Buffs are not lost when entering the battlefield.
- After 30 seconds, Valkeng changes frames depending on the type of the highest cumulative damage it has received.
- If the highest damage percentage is physical, it changes into Valoredge.
- If the highest damage percentage is magical, it changes into Stormwaker.
- If the highest damage percentage is ranged, it changes into Sharpshot.
- After the change, every 30 seconds, it reevaluates the damages it has received and changes accordingly. The calculation is based on the highest cumulative damage the automaton has received throughout the course of the battle.
- Valkeng keeps a running tally of damage received from the three sources and changes frames based on that tally. When he does not change, he announces the largest percentage of the damage type that has been dealt to him.
- If you hit Valkeng with a powerful attack (such as Ancient Magic II) and cannot produce enough cumulative damage in another type, he will be locked into the frame that corresponds to that attack for the duration of the fight. Plan accordingly.
- All forms of Blue Magic are considered magical damage towards the above calculation. However, the Stormwaker frame receives no appreciable resistances to physical Blue Magic.
- String Clipper consumes two shadows; Chimera Ripper consumes one.
- Does not use Cannibal Blade or Bone Crusher.
- Shield Bash ignores shadows.
- Extremely high defense and physical damage reduction.
- Very fast attack speed. Blink tanking not recommended.
- Weak Auto Regen trait.
- Casts Elemental Magic, including Ancient Magic, -ga spells, and elemental Damage Over Time spells, such as Shock and Choke.
- Also has access to White Magic spells such as Paralyze and Silence.
- Slapstick takes three shadows.
- Does not use Knockout or Magic Mortar.
- Casts a spell every 10 seconds. Receives a Chainspell effect below 25% HP.
- Extremely high resistance to magic damage, including Skillchain damage.
- Highly susceptible to Stun.
- Takes normal damage from melee and ranged attacks.
- Arcuballista takes one shadow and can be used from a distance.
- Does not use Daze or Armor Piercer.
- High accuracy and evasion.
- Lower-than-average defense.
- Fires a shot every 4-5 seconds; its ratio of melee attacks to ranged attacks is roughly 3:2.
- When Valkeng changes forms, you may lose your target lock on it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.