- Deals water damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster. Additional effect: Poison.
Casting Time: 3 seconds
Pair with one of the following spells to create the Clear Mind combo.
- Awful Eye
- Corrosive Ooze
- Feather Tickle
- Filamented Hold
- Mind Blast
- Venom Shell
Note: Unlike other job traits, the effects stack for each pair in this group. Each set gives the next tier of Clear Mind for an additional MP Recovered While Healing + 3 effect. A maximum of Clear Mind IV can be achieved granting a max bonus of MP Recovered While Healing +12. Clear Mind V is not attainable.
- This is a Breath spell; it is enhanced directly by the Saurian Helm, Mirage Keffiyeh or Mirage Keffiyeh +1 for an additional 10% damage.
- The formula for this spell appears to be (Current HP)/10 + (Blue Mage level)/1.25. For example, at level 22 and 400 HP, damage is approximately 57 with no other bonuses applied.
- A positive Monster Correlation (when used against Arcana) will increase damage by 25%.
- Damage is not affected by Magic Attack Bonus or Magic Burst. Magic Burst will only enhance its accuracy.
- Ignores Magic Defense Bonus, but is subject to direct magic damage reduction.
- Damage and accuracy are enhanced directly by the Merit Job Ability, Convergence, for an additional 5 Magic Accuracy and 5% damage per merit.
- If Blue Mage is set as the support job, damage is calculated based on the level of the support job.
- At 75, this causes a loss of 30 damage.
- Enemies that specifically resist magical weapon skills (such as Spirits Within or Atonement) will also resist this spell.
- This spell shares its name with an attack used by Crawlers. The Crawler version has a different animation and cannot be learned, nor can this spell be learned from Crawlers.
Skillchain/Magic Burst Info
Best Way to Obtain
The best way to claim this spell would be in Gusgen Mines because there are thirteen spawns that spawn during day and night.
How to Obtain
Mob Family: Hound Minimum Blue Mage Level To Acquire: 13 Name Level Zone Tainted Hound 5-8 West Ronfaure Tainted Hound 5-8 East Ronfaure Black Wolf 5-8 North Gustaberg Barghest 8-10 Tahrongi Canyon Wolf Zombie 8-10 La Theine Plateau 8-10 Konschtat Highlands Scavenging Hound 18-25 Meriphataud Mountains 18-25 Jugner Forest Bog Dog 18-25 Pashhow Marshlands Bandersnatch 21-24 Gusgen Mines Mauthe Doog 28-31 Gusgen Mines Marchosias 40-43 Eldieme Necropolis