Physical Shield is a beneficial status effect that makes the user immune to physical damage. That is, immunity to all blunt, piercing, and slashing damage. This does not offer protection from any magical damage or "typeless" damage (e.g. Formless Strikes).
How to remove the effect
- This effect can be removed manually.
- In some circumstances, this is overwritten by another ability that applies a different immunity.
- This effect does not seem to work while Avatar's Favor is active.
(Tested with and without Carbuncle, on Colliery Bats and Burrower Worms, still took damage.)
How the effect is gained
- Alexander - Perfect Defense (possible effect)
- Hydra - Pyric Bulwark
- Mammets - Transmogrification (absorbs physical damage)
- Mamool Ja Knights - Granite Hide (from front only)
- Promathia - Wheel of Impregnability
- Proto-Ultima - Energy Screen
- Quadav - Diamond Shell (from behind only)
- Shadow Lord - during melee stance
- Wivre - Granite Hide (from front only)