The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Petrification is a harmful status effect that turns the player to stone until it wears off or is removed. Afflicted characters cannot move, attack, cast spells, or use abilities.
How to remove the effect
- The White Magic spell Stona will remove this effect.
- The Puppetmaster automaton attachment Eraser will remove this effect.
- The Summoner blood pact Spring Water will remove this effect.
- The negative status effect Terror will overwrite the effect of petrification, replacing it with the Terror effect.
- To avoid "Gaze" type moves i.e. Baleful Gaze, simply turn your back to the monster before it goes off.
- While technically simple, this is actually very hard to do without lightning reactions and a very fast connection to the server.
How the effect is inflicted
- Aern - Medusa Javelin
- Ahriman - Level 5 Petrify
- Alastor Antlion - Additional effect on melee attacks
- Antica - Sand Trap
- Ark Angel TT - Amon Drive
- Bahamut - Impulsion
- Chigre - Possible additional effect on physical attacks
- Cockatrice - Baleful Gaze
- Coeurls - Petrifactive Breath
- Dragons - Petro Eyes
- Eald'narche - Omega Javelin
- Farlarder the Shrewd - Additional effect during Hundred Fists
- Gurfurlur the Menacing - Sledgehammer
- Hecteyes - Petrogaze
- Khimaira - Fossilizing Breath
- King Vinegarroon - Additional effect on melee attacks
- Lizards - Baleful Gaze
- Medusa - Calcifying Deluge, Gorgon Dance
- Nightmare Bugard - Enhanced version of Awful Eye
- Omega/Proto-Omega - Rear Lasers
- Peiste - Grim Glower (while facing the Peiste only)
- Pelican - Additional effect on melee attacks
- Rams - Petribreath
- Troll - Rock Smash, Seismohammer
- Ultima/Proto-Ultima - Smoke Discharger
- Zdei - Optic Induration
- Za'Dha Adamantking - Torment of Gu'Dha (SCNM only)
- Zazarg - Meteoric Impact
Equipment/Items affected by effect
- Sand Mantle - While Petrified: Physical damage taken -20%
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.