|Abyssea - La Theine||1|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Spawned by trading Oversized Sock to ??? at F-7 (South West side of the ridge at the top. Do not go down into the canyon)
- Pulling this NM from his spawn point straight back to the ridge wall will get him out of range of 90% of the Hadal Gigas' patrol routes. Links are otherwise very common and rather dangerous.
- Spawns with a very potent Ice Spikes effect that grows in potency as his HP dwindles. Paralyze effect is very common, and it seems that the Ice Spikes cannot be dispelled.
- Favors Ice Roar over traditional Gigas moves.
- Uses a move called Moribund Hack, AoE Ice damage. Very powerful. Hate reset.
- Can be Blinded, Slowed, and Paralyzed, but all with some difficulty.
- Red Lotus Blade Triggered !! on this mob.
- Tactical option: There's a distinct chance that Wind-elemental WS like Aeolian Edge will lock out Moribund Hack for a while, making this NM -much- easier to defeat.
Pantagruel is a part of a connected series of five novels of two giants: Gargantua (the father) and Pantagruel(his son) and their adventures, the text is written in an amusing, extravagant, satirical vein.