Kindred's Seal Notorious Monster
|Waughroon Shrine||1||A, L, S, H|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Appears in the following BCNMs: Copycat
- Casts various black magic spells, and can use any of the Ahriman special attacks.
- Every so often, it will draw in and charm a party member, starting with the orb bearer and cycling through the party roster.
- After charming a party member, it will copy all the job traits and abilities of that player. These aspects are retained even after charming a new character.
- It will also use the two-hour ability of the charmed party member.
- If it charms a player with a pet job, it also summons either a pet bat, avatar, wyvern, or automaton, depending on job.
The story of Osschaart takes place in the region of the land of Waas in Flemish Belgium near the Dutch border(the people of Flanders, the region comprising the northern half of Belgium, a part of France, and Holland). Most of the stories take place in the fields surrounding the city of Sint-Niklaas Waas and villages in the region. Osschart is a shape-shifter, but his true form is a spirit wearing a wolf skin holding chains. Osschaart can be heard coming by the sound of rattling chains and wolf like howling. Osschaart is some times compared to the Lange Wapper from Antwerp and Kludde from Dendermonde. Yet according to the legends of my home town Sint-Niklaas, Osschaart is a werewolf, or a spirit of a wolf that prefers to torment drunks or unsuspecting passerby. It is said that during the day he prefers to sleep in a hollow Willow tree, which was were the story let you believe that he met his end. The fields in "Het Waas land" still have sightings of a shadowy wolf-man like creature preying on those who are foolish enough to wander in his path.