Hey ToastTheKnowing! Not sure if we've been introduced yet, but I'm Technobliterator, the Fandom Wiki Manager here (I introduced myself to Haldarn a while back). Just popping in to check how the wiki is going? I've been checking the RecentChanges here and there, but not seen a need to intervene thus far, but as usual, let me know if you need anything!
Almost all of the images I have been replacing are done so by one or more of the following criteria:
1. The image is of equipment that is out of date, missing jobs from the Seekers of Adoulin expansion.
2. The image is not uniformly cropped, clipping the outer boundary of the game's infobox or containing visible background imagery from the screenshot.
3. The image does not use an opaque window background.
4. The image is watermarked or otherwise clearly originated from a 3rd party site without attribution.
I have not explicitly been targeting your contributions. If there was a change you feel was done in error let me know and I can revert it.
The jpg-pictures i made were cut by paint after i switched to a non-transperant background ingame and screenshotting it myself with hardcopy. I tried to make it as legal as possible by adding the data-info. All of them were taken, while i did the quests at the time of the upload. I choosed jpg cause it took less bites. It made sense to change the name of the trial as picture-name into the itemname with it's current level on the picture. But to me it looked like exactly the same picture got placed, just with another namecode in the editpage and png instead of jpg. Made me ask myself why i did the work. That's all. When it tried to use the "[[..."-command to add the item name with the wiki-automatism like Gungnir (80) what actually works, I thought to have to make my own pics. Because i didn't find a data. And i tried the png-ending also. FFXIclopedia should show more already exiting pages, when you use this.
As far as Gungnir (80) goes, the picture that was originally there was named File:Gun4.jpg, created almost nine years ago. Convention asks that images be named after the item they describe without abbreviation and 'Gun4.jpg' was deemed too ambiguous. I capped the replacement myself and saved it as , PNG as I find that format easier to work with, and replaced all instances of File:Gun4.jpg with the new image, then removed Gun4.jpg once it was no longer used on any pages. Unfortunately wiki does not make it possible to preserve the file history of a .jpeg replaced by a .png as there is no way to modify the reported MIME type of an uploaded image page. The only replacement strategy that works is what I have just described.
I apologize if this makes your efforts feel futile. Understand that my goals here are to update as many item pages as possible so that they can be reliably included in modern templates being developed that make the site more mobile-friendly as well as use modern features on the desktop browser version of the site. This often includes replacing images to meet this wiki's media naming and image policies, both decisions intended to make it easier for active wiki editors to make more changes down the road.
i was the one who posted things on the new wiki not anyone else so for you to say shit to me and act like you own rights to bgwiki your seriously mistaken there isnt any own rights you had no right to delete my posts bg wiki is not uptoday boy so go do your homework or leave me the hell alone yes i had stuff fixed but the general idea was posted by me an several other players. i been trying to help fix that sight but everytime i do help add information people like your self think it should be them who get credit i know i post things i dont need your help and there isnt any user agreement saying were not allowed to take the things we did on the new wiki and transfer it to old or the other way around if there was then bg wiki needs to be distroyed cause 75% of the things that are on bg wiki came from here so dont even try to argue with me boy
I see one as part of the top Fandom Nav bar. Clicking on the word 'Search' opens up the input bar. That bit was recently changed so if it's not working for you I suggest reaching out to the fandom support team to see why it's broken for you. https://community.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contact
Sorry, just checking the teleport logs and I had to move the original Adoulinian Tunes to the KI page, as the KI was on it. That left Adoulinian Tunes empty because I didn't have the info to complete it.
Adoulinian Tunes was a redirect page when I found it and all it did was redirect to the KI, so I didn't know which way was up when I made my edits, I'll remove the redirect pragma on Adoulinian Tunes and edit it to be the inventory item, and restore the KI info to Sheet of Adoulinian Tunes
I've given you Sysop rights, so you can delete/move/rename articles as you see fit. Obviously in such cases the priority is maintaining an article's history, so move/rename is preferable to creating a new article and deleting an incorrectly titled one.
Karuberu has also recently mentioned that in some cases it may well be worth keeping outdated item images for the historical record.
You should have access to .css / .js too, in the case you wanted to do something with mobile appearance.
The Discord channel is up to 197 members, which makes it a good place for discussion and feedback if you need it. The general conversation is pretty much perpetual, but we have a dedicated wiki-editing channel too.