Max MP Down is a harmful status effect that weakens players until it wears off or is removed. Afflicted characters have their maximum magic points reduced, giving them a much smaller pool than they used to have. When afflicted by powerful monsters, this effect can be devastating (e.g. a White Mage with 350/500 MP could be reduced to 100/100 MP).
How to remove the effect
- The White Magic spell Erase will remove this effect
- Esuna while under the effect of Afflatus Misery does remove the effect as well.
- The Dancer ability Healing Waltz will remove this effect.
- Even after removed, the MP level when afflicted stays as it was (e.g. the above White Mage would have 100/500 MP right after having it removed).
- The Blue Magic spell Winds of Promyvion will remove this effect.