|Wajaom Woodlands||1||A, L, S|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Spawned for quest Finding Faults by examinining the ??? at E-13.
- Uses Vorpal Blade, and uses Firespit as an ability, but does not cast it as a spell.
- Uses the following Blue Magic spells, and casts nearly instantly (about a 1 second casting time, like Raubahn in The Beast Within):
- a certain weaponskill.
- a WS from a certain angle.
- a certain element.
- an irritant: check the targetable Peculiar Buds nearby for a scent; they spawn while the NM is alive. You must disengage to check a bud, so binding or putting the NM to sleep is a good idea.
- landing after a fall (drop off the ledge and see if the Mamool Ja gets intimidated).
- Casts Bad Breath and 1000 Needles with a one-second cast time. Extreme caution is recommended.
- To check every element, you need a spell or weapon skill of each element. NIN subjob grants 6 out of 8 elements with its spells Suiton: Ni, Raiton: Ni, Doton: Ni, Huton: Ni, Hyoton: Ni, and Katon: Ni. The Ichi versions of these spells are not practical due to their casting times and this NM's deadly spells and accuracy.
- To solo, some form of Bind and Sleep are likely necessary, and the ability to heal yourself is a must. If you are hit with Bad Breath and are KOed, you must Reraise and then Bind / Sleep kite it while you unweaken.
- Silence is mandatory due to 1000 Needles and Bad Breath.
- Medicines, including MP items (in case of KO and unweakening) and Echo Drops are recommended.
- Blue Mage/Ninja and Red Mage/Ninja at level 85 are likely the best-suited to deal with this NM solo.
- Blue Mage should set Regurgitation, Chaotic Eye, and Yawn for survivability.
- Blue Mage should also set Death Ray for dark element damage, and perhaps a light element spell too, unless you use Shining Blade or another light element weapon skill.
- The NM does not seem to build any resistance to bind, sleep, or silence, but the duration of bind varied randomly.
- If you are unable to intimidate it before killing it, you can still complete the quest if you correctly guess a weakness at the NPC. Weapon skills from a certain angle are a good gamble if you are unable to intimidate it while solo.
- You cannot repop the NM for the rest of the conquest tally if it despawns.