HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Immune to Gravity, Bind and Sleep but susceptible to Slow and Paralyze.
- The only Tp move it does is Stampede which will wipe 2 shadows. It can deal up to 630 dmg.
- Mahishasura tends to spam Stampede at lower hp, but can get mitigated with a Subtle Blow build or Auspice.
- Attacks may have Additional Effect: Plague that drains 3 MP per tick.
- Does not spawn chigoes.
- Does not possess enhanced Movement Speed (moves as fast as other Marids).
- Easily solo'd as any Mage job with or without enhanced movement speed. (see testimonials)
In Hindu mythology, Mahishasura was an asura. Asuras were a group of power-seeking deities, sometimes referred to as demons or sinful, and were opposed to the Devas. Mahishasura's father Rambha was king of the asuras, and he once fell in love with a water buffalo; Mahishasura was born out of this union. He is therefore able to change between human and buffalo form at will (mahisha = buffalo). Because of his piety towards Brahma he could not be defeated in battle by any man or god. He then went on to terrorize heaven but would be destroyed by the Hindu goddess Durga.