The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Spawned by trading an Oily Blood to a ??? at (H-9) in Bhaflau Thickets Map 1.
- Lividroot Amooshah has four forms.
- The first three forms are relatively easy. The NM will "fade out" when switching, with restored HP.
- The fourth form is much larger and can use Extremely Bad Breath. This means instant death to all those in range, but you can run out of range where you will see an announcement saying no-one was in range.
- Extremely Bad Breath is a medium range AoE, not directional like normal breath attacks.
- Extremely Bad Breath is a TP attack and can be used more than once per fight.
- Extremely Bad Breath can easily be stunned by anyone in range.
- Slowly builds resistance to Gravity, such that Gravity lasts a shorter and shorter duration each time. Bind also works this way until, very gradually, it is completely resisted.
- Can use all the standard Morbol TP moves. Vampiric Root needs to have stolen effects dispelled.
- All 4 forms are susceptible to Gravity. Might be a few resists, but Elemental Seal Grav shouldn't be resisted.
- One strategy is to kite around the tower at J-9. Some breath attacks can be avoided this way.
- With a movement speed+ kiter, this NM can easily be defeated by a single party. Ideal party would be RNG, RDM, RDM, BLM, BLM, (THF OR BRD).
- A Ranger with Trotter's or Crimson legs is the ideal kiter, being able to take large amounts of hate off BLMs while at the same time dishing out lots of damage. Also, having Shadowbind + AF hands is handy for when the party needs to rest, or begin a timed nuke. I could also see a Ranger with movement speed+ and a RDM duoing this, spamming Bind, Gravity, and Shadowbind whenever needed. RDM/whm recommended in case RR is needed, or the RNG is hit with Bad Breath.
- The NM does not spam it's AoE Death Breath, so feel free to have everyone Stun at once to make sure it does not go off. As an example, the first time I fought the NM, we had 3 BLMs nuking it down, and the NM never used the move. The second time, we had 2 BLMs, with one switching to Thief for the final form, and our one BLM was able to Stun it the one time it was used.
- When a form's HP is reduced to 0, it becomes immune to physical and magical damage until it uses a TP move. After the TP move, its HP returns to max and it is considered its next form. It will disappear then reappear full in other form in about a second. Hate is reset when it changes to new form.
- (see testimonials)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.