The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Spawned from: The Road Forks
- Spawned by examining the Loose Sand located at (K-8)
- If it de-pops (as a result of losing hate and returning to its Spawn Point), you must wait until the next game day until you can re-pop it (but other party members who haven't spawned it that day can still pop it).
- You do not have to wait until the next Earth day, just the next Earth hour.
- Susceptible to Bind, Gravity, Stun, Sleep, and Lullaby
- A tank is recommended to spawn the NM with, or ensuring Stoneskin is cast before spawning, as the Lioumere will use Pit Ambush on the spawning member as it appears. Sneaking to avoid initial aggro when spawning will not work in this instance
- The Lioumere will lose all hate and return to its Spawn Point after it uses a TP move. If the Lioumere is allowed to return to its Spawn Point, it will recover all HP
- Provoke has a very low chance of preventing the NM from returning to the Loose Sand. Using Sleep, Lullaby or some form of Bind in conjunction with Gravity is instead recommended. However, Stun can be used to buy time for Provoke, making the two a potent combination
- The White Magic spell Flash is ineffective
- A Beastmaster's Snarl ability works well
- Subbing Beastmaster and using Charm to keep it from running back to the Loose Sand is also effective
- Pulling the Lioumere as far from the spawn as possible can buy some hate-returning time. However, it is recommended that a party ensures that the area they're pulling to is clear of mobs before luring the Lioumere there. The Lioumere can link with other antlions in the area
- By pulling back and to the left, you can force the Lioumere through a small gap in the rocks and turn it around to ensure you can get a hit in as it tries to move through you. It is also an excellent idea if you're a melee job to use your Adventuring Fellow, as they can attack Lioumere when it's moving to re-establish hate
- Soloable by many jobs 75 (see testimonials)
In Polynesian mythology (specifically the Caroline Islands), Lioumere is a female demon with iron teeth. She is considered ghastly and vicious.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.