61-6222 (3 dark crystals on 11/29/2015) crystals, or completing Bat Hunt 9 timesprobably twice, will give the necessary rank points for this mission.
- After accepting the mission, enter the Great Hall of Chateau d'Oraguille, and go to the king for a cutscene.
- After the cutscene, talk to Rahal in the Royal Knights' Quarters to receive a temporary key item Crystal dowser.
- Travel to the Temple of Uggalepih. A level 72+ character is safe from aggro from the weak mobs.
- Take Teleport-Yhoat and make your way to the main entrance of the temple (J-12).
- Once you zone, take the right path until you zone back into the jungle. Follow the way round, when you see a flight of stairs in front of you leading down, don't go down them but instead turn left and then instantly left again and you will zone into another part of the temple (map 2). After zoning, follow the right wall until you pass by a wooden gate. Shortly after you pass this, the path will split. Take the left path and clear the area.
- Here you will have to kill the Temple Guardian in order to continue on.
- After the guardian is defeated, continue past that door that will now open and advance up either of the two stairs that are to the west and east sides of the room. Watch out for Manipulator who usually patrols the stairs. Use the Prelate Key from a Tonberry Stabber, Tonberry Chopper, or a Tonberry Slasher to open the door and continue onto map 4. Head south and take the left path until you see 4 doors on the right. Door 1 is the furthest down, Door 4 is the first door you will see.
- It is not necessary to farm the Prelate Key. Instead you can use any magic spell to aggro a mob through the Door. Once the engaged mob gets near the door, it will open. However, it may take a long time until a Hover Tank gets near enough to magic-aggro.
- It's also possible to scroll through targets and land on one of the mobs behind the door. It could be a tonberry or the Hover Tank. Once you've locked on to it, all you really need now is to wait for it to move straight behind the door and you will be able to pull it, thus opening the door. Beware of tonberry links.
- Notice, this will only work with the eastern door. If you pull a mob to the western door it will just walk through the door without opening it.
- don't know when it was implemented, but it is no longer necessary to magic-aggro mobs to get the doors to open. you only need one prelate key to get to the 4 doors, and they all open when you examine them. this was probably done so that a level 99 character could solo the mission and the prelate key is rare-ex so one person would not be able to have enough keys to open all the doors. i just did this mission 9/21/2014.
- Clear the hallway of tonberries and magic jugs. Now enter Doors 1, 3, and 4 and inspect the ??? for a key item.
- Once everyone is ready, have someone inspect Door 2. Once this door is inspected, 2 Doll NM will spawn, Nio-Hum and Nio-A.
- Nio-A and Nio-Hum are warriors and will use Mighty Strikes.
- They will not sleep, so have a second tank keep Nio-A busy while everyone else concentrates on Nio-Hum. Mages should have Barfira up in case the dolls Meltdown.
- The NMs are immune to Stun.
- The NMs have extremely high magic damage reduction.
- You may spawn the NMs with Sneak active and pull only one with a ranged attack, a job ability such as Provoke or simply approach one of the dolls carefully without sneak to agro it (they will not link, similar to the two krakens in Coming of Age). Due to the narrow hallway and location of where they spawn, ranged attack is recommended, as you may have problems sighting the mob to use the job ability. You may pull either Nio-A or Nio-Hum and wait for to the other to despawn (don't kill too quickly). Only one NM needs to be defeated.
- Following the fight, everyone should inspect Door 2 for a cutscene.
- If anyone in the group did not have the 3 pieces of the broken key, they can get them after the fight and re-inspect the door. The dolls will not re-spawn.
- Once you see the text "You could not find Lightbringer here. Your investigation is over." the mission is complete.
- Return to Chateau d'Oraguille and talk to King Destin for your reward.
- Speak with Trion, Pieuje for additional cut scenes.
- Mission Orders
- Royaulais Destin himself has summoned you for a vital mission. Seek audience with His Majesty in Chateau d'Oraguille immediately.
Lightbringer - Chateau d'Oraguille Destin: Call forth all members of the court. Has the adventurer Player name arrived?
Destin: Ah, Player name. The deciphering of the stone tablet you found has been completed.
Destin: There is one line that has us especially intrigued...
Destin: "Light will befall the great Vana'diel only when the true heir of d'Oraguille raises Lightbringer to the heavens."
Trion: And this means...
Shamonde: It means that only the true heir to the d'Oraguille throne will be able to unsheathe Lightbringer, and that only when he does will the true power of the sword be unleashed.
Destin: Then it is decided. When we have possession of the legendary sword, Trion and Pieuje will both attempt to unsheathe it.
Destin: Whoever succeeds will take my place on the throne as the true heir to the House of d'Oraguille.
Trion: The true...heir?
Destin: Trion or Pieuje--the sword will decide the future of San d'Oria and lead us from the darkness. Of course, we must first locate the Treasure of the Dragon King.
Destin: Rahal. Curilla. I want your knights to concentrate their efforts on locating Lightbringer.
Curilla: Yes, Your Highness.
Rahal: Understood, Your Highness.
Destin: And Player Name. Report to Rahal for your orders. I trust that your involvement in this investigation can only benefit San d'Oria.
Destin: Set forth and search the darkness for the light that will guide us to a brighter future. The dawn of a new era in San d'Oria is upon us!
Lightbringer - Chateau d'Oraguille Destin: Welcome back from your long journey, Player name. I am pleased to report that Curilla's forces located the holy sword, Lightbringer.
Destin: According to the writings in our ancient tomes, the scholars feel that the retrieved sword is truly the lost Treasure of the Dragon King.
Destin: The path leading to this day has been long and treacherous. However, our journey is nearly complete. I do not have the words to express my gratitude for your services.
Destin: I thank you, and wish that you might continue your work for the good of San d'Oria long after I have stepped down from the throne.
Destin: However, one final ceremony must be held--the true heir to the House of d'Oraguille must be decided. At that time, your service will again be called upon.
Lightbringer - Chateau d'Oraguille Trion: Thanks to your perseverance and commitment to the kingdom, Lightbringer has been found, and now the Rites of Succession can be carried out.
Trion: As long as the Treasure is in San d'Oria, the kingdom will be safe--regardless of whether myself or my brother is the true heir to the throne.
Trion: The Rites of Succession will be carried out soon. At that time, your services will once again be called upon.
Lightbringer - Chateau d'Oraguille Pieuje: I never imagined myself becoming King. This kingdom needs the leadership of my brother to bring her together.
Pieuje: But she also needs someone to step in and take control when my brother has gone too far.
Pieuje: If by chance Lightbringer selects me, I do not know if I can prevent San d'Oria's bloody history from repeating itself.
Pieuje: Does the Treasure of the Dragon King truly wield the power to rule a kingdom? Are we not reading too much into legend? Only time will bring an answer to my fears.