Level Restriction is a status effect that temporarily lowers your level until it wears off or is removed. Affected characters are treated as if they were of lower level, able to only use abilities appropriate to that level.
Weapons and armor above the level restriction may still be equipped as normal, however, the attributes of the equipment are adjusted for the lower level (see Equipment Scaling for more information).
When level restriction status is inflicted upon a player, all of that player's positive magical effects are removed.
- Some buffs, such as Signet/Sanction/Sigil, Dedication, and equipment-gained Reraise aren't removed.
- There are some very rare cases where the restriction removes no buffs at all, such as during All by Myself, Eco-Warrior, and all "Trial-Size" avatar fights.
Many battlefields/confrontations that have this effect are actually set to a Level Restriction of 99. For example most mission battlefields have the effect, but the level is not actually restricted below the current maximum.
How to remove the effect
- Finish the task that caused the restriction
- Return to your Home Point
- K.O. removes the effect in rare situations; however, the effect returns upon revival if restriction conditions have not been met