Level Restriction is a status effect that temporarily lowers your level until it wears off or is removed. Affected characters are treated as if they were of lower level, able to only use abilities appropriate to that level.
Weapons and armor above the level restriction may still be equipped as normal, however, the attributes of the equipment will be adjusted for the lower level (see Equipment Scaling for more information).
When level restriction status is inflicted upon a player, all of that player's positive magical effects are removed.
The battlefields/confrontations that have this effect but are "uncapped" likely have the Level Restricted at 99 (at the time of writing this the maximum level for player characters is 90). For example most of the battlefields related to missions have the effect, but the level is not actually restricted below the current maximum. However it is likely these actually have the Level Restriction at 99 due to the fact that some confrontation situations will actually produce a message indicating that the level is restricted to 99 (see ANNM).
How to remove the effect
- Finishing the task that set the restriction upon you will remove the effect.
- Returning to your Home Point will remove the effect.
- Leaving an area which has a level restriction
- K.O. will sometimes remove the effect, however the effect will return upon revival if restriction conditions have not been met.
How the effect is inflicted
- BCNMs and ENMs
- Certain Quests
- Certain Missions
- Certain Events
- Entering certain areas
- Activating the Guide Beret